- HP Pagewide Pro 477DW Printer Setup
How To Setup HP Pagewide Pro 477DW Printer?
HP Pagewide Pro 477DW is a multifunctional printer that lets you operate over a wired, wireless, or a USB cable connection. 2-sided printing, color touchscreen, mobile printing, and HP Pagewide technology color are the features supported by this printer. You have to use HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server to connect the HP Pagewide Pro 477DW printer over a wireless network via WPS. On this web page, we will show you how to setup Hp PageWide pro 477DW printer for the first time.
- Open the product box.
- Take the HP Pagewide Pro 477DW printer and its components out of the box.
- Place the printer on a table.
- Slowly remove all packing tapes from the printer.
- Take the starter ink cartridge box (placed near the output tray) out of the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove the packing material from it.
- Now, take out the starter ink cartridges from the box.
- Insert the cartridges one by one into the respective slots.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Raise the printer’s control panel.
- Now, connect your HP printer to an electrical outlet and turn it ON.
- Select language, country, and date & time by following the prompts displayed on your printer’s screen.
- Install a stack of A4 paper into the tray.
- Wait until the printer completes the initialization.
- Once the process completes, begin the network setup process as instructed below.
Connecting printer over a wired network
To setup Hp PageWide pro 477DW printer over a wired network. Your HP printer will ask you to select the connection type after the half completion of the installation.
- Select the Ethernet option.
- Connect an Ethernet cable into your printer.
- Make sure to connect the other end of the same cable into your router or access point.
- Wait for some time. During this time, your network will try to identify the printer details, such as its IP address.
- Once your printer’s IP address is displayed on the screen, select the Print Details option.
- Now, your HP printer will start to print a page containing the printer’s IP address.
- Your HP Pagewide Pro 477DW printer is now connected to the wired network.
Connecting printer over a USB cable
If you wish to connect your HP printer over a USB cable network, then perform the instructions given below.
- On your Windows or Mac computer, install the HP Pagewide Pro 477DW printer software.
- Note: You can use the HP software CD or the downloaded printer software to perform the driver installation.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the installation screen.
- During the driver installation, you will be prompted to select a Connection type.
- Choose the USB-Connect the printer to the computer using a USB cable option.
- When prompted, connect the HP printer and your computer using the USB cable.
- Once you setup Hp PageWide pro 477DW printer for USB, try a test print.
Connecting printer over a wireless network
- Make sure that your wireless router or access point is turned ON and ready for the Wi-Fi setup process.
- Gather your wireless network credentials, such as username and password.
- Now, turn your HP Pagewide Pro 477DW printer ON.
- Select Network Setup > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard on the control panel.
- Now, your HP printer scans for available wireless networks.
- Once the available Wi-Fi networks are displayed on the printer screen, select your wireless name from the list.
- Enter your wireless network password. Tap the OK button.
- Now, connect your computer to the same wireless network that the printer is connected too.
- Complete the printer driver installation process by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Finally, try a test print.
Contact us if you need remote assistance to setup Hp PageWide pro 477DW printer.