How To Setup HP Officejet 6600 Printer
To setup the HP Officejet 6600 printer hardware, unpack the printer from the carton, plug the power cord into a power source, install the ink cartridges, set up the input and output trays, and place enough paper in the input tray. After setting up the hardware, connect to the network and install the driver.
Steps to Setup HP Officejet 6600 Printer
- Unpack your HP Officejet 6600 printer from the carton.
- Check the list of items in the carton.
- Connect the printer’s power cord to a stable power outlet.
- Press the On/Off switch to turn your printer active.
- Perform the necessary settings on the printer panel.
- Position the ink cartridges into the respective slot.
- Place enough paper in the input tray to complete your print job.
- Set up a network and then install the driver software.
Procedure to Setup HP Officejet 6600 printer
- To set up your HP Officejet 6600 printer hardware for the first time, check this document to learn some easy and quick setup steps.
- Take the printer from the carton. Remove all the stripes and stickers on the outer surface of the printer control panel. Open the scanner cover and remove the packaging materials inside it. Close the cartridge access door.
- Check the list of accessories shipped in the printer carton. Use the power cable and link it between your printer and power source. Push the On/Off button on the printer panel to resolve the printer issue. Set up the necessary preferences like date, time, unique country/region, and other requirements.
- Take out the input tray extension and the output tray box from the carton. Slowly insert the input tray extension in the main printer body. Place the output tray above the input tray and push it until it locks into place.
- Raise the output tray and then adjust the paper guides to their farthest position. Take a stack of paper and place them in the input tray. Move the guides close to each other until they rest on the edges of the paper stack. Lower the output tray and pull the extender.
- Unpack the ink cartridges that you bought along with your printer. Lift the scanner lid by placing your fingers on the left side of the printer. Pinch the cartridge on its sides and slowly insert it into the respective aperture. Match the color code on the slot and the color letter on the cartridge while installing it.
- Position the black ink cartridge in the right slot and the color cartridge in the left. Move the cartridge into the slot slowly in a slight upward angle until the cartridge snaps into the slot. Install the other ink cartridges in the same way. Close the scanner cover.
- Now the printer starts to align the ink cartridges. Wait until the alignment process completes and printer prints an alignment page. After completing the hardware setup, set up a router network connection. Link your HP Officejet 6600 printer and computer to the same network. Browse HP site on your browser and search for the full feature driver package. Download the driver and then install the other recommended applications on your printer.