How to Setup HP Officejet 6500 Printer
To make a beginning with your printer, you need to setit up first. The HP DeskJet 6500 is an All-In-One wireless printer, and it can effortlessly print, scan and fax documents. Install the printer driver on the devices through which you are going to access the printer. Read the quick steps and detailed procedure to setup HPOfficejet 6500 printer.
The easy steps to setup HP officejet 6500 printer
- Take the printer from the packaging and place it on a flatbed.
- Review if all the modules listed in the specification are present.
- Pare the safety tapes from the printer parts.
- Split the seal of the ink cartridge and set them into their slots.
- Put in a stack of plain paper into the input tray and drag its extender.
- Use the setting up CD or download the most recent version from the internet site.
- Follow the instructions from the manual and perform the printer setup.
The detailed procedure to set the All-In-One HP officejet 6500 printer on your computer
- The first thing to do after buying a printer is to uncover it from the cardboard box. The printer is boxed up using the protective tapes, pare them off from it. Take out the user guidebook, warranty card, and other papers from the packaging box.
- Making use of the specification list, confirm that all the printer components are included in the package. The successive step is installing the ink cartridge. Take the cartridges out from the packet and strip off the orange tape covering the nozzle part.
- Lift the access door and slide the carriage to an end. Hold the cartridges on either edge and make sure you don’t have correspondence with the electrical contact. Up the input tray and align the paper width guide.
- Refer to the user manual to understand more about the paper width setting. Pile a stack of plain paper into the tray. Push the cartridge further in, till it gets locked into its position.
- Unwind the power cord to connect the one end to the printer’s rear and other to the electrical wall outlet. To connect with a computer, use either the USB cable or establish a wireless connection. Initiate the settings of the printer.
- To do so, power it up by pressing the power button. The HP Officejet printer completes the startup process. The hardware installation is complete now. Use an Ethernet cable of high quality and attach it to your router for implementing Internet connection to your HP printer.
- The package includes a setup CD, you can either it or navigate online for the newest driver. The software should be compatible with your operating system and its current version. Your computer should be connected to a network same as that of your printer.
- Click Download, and the setup file gets downloaded. Double-click on the executable file with extension .exe on Windows and .dmg for Mac, a setup wizard opens. Prefer the language and click next. The resulting screen prompt you to choose the connection type.
- If you are going to set a wired connection, then detach the USB cable from the devices. Reconnect the cable only when the wizard prompts. Browse the location to save the printer driver software and then click Download.
- Make sure to install on full-featured software so that you can use the most functionalities of the printer. Keep calm until the download is fully complete. The time taken for the process is directly proportional to the speed of your Internet.
- Once the download is completed, click Finish. Print a calibration page and execute a test print. I am sure that the above-given procedure is informative to setup HP Officejet 6500 printer.