- HP Deskjet 2724 Printer Installation
How To Setup HP Deskjet 2724 Printer?
HP DeskJet 2724 is an All-in-One printer that supports both USB and wireless interfaces. It also supports mobile printing. It uses the black and tri-color ink cartridges for printing. To know how to setup HP DeskJet 2724 printer, refer to the simple steps provided on this page.
Unpack Your HP Printer
- Take the HP DeskJet 2724 printer out of the box.
- Now, clear the protective tapes and packing materials from the outside of the printer.
- Open the output tray followed by the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the tapes and packing materials from the inside of the printer.
- Once done, recycle the box and packing materials.
Turn On The Printer
- Take the power cord and connect it between the rear side of the printer and an electrical outlet.
- To power up your printer, press the Power button.
- Now, the carriage begins to move to the center.
- Wait until the printer stays idle and continue with the HP DeskJet 2724 printer setup.
Install The Ink Cartridges
- Take one of the ink cartridges out of the package and peel off the plastic tape.
- Place the unpacked ink cartridge into its slot.
- Repeat the same to install the other ink cartridge.
- After installing the ink cartridges, close the ink cartridge access door.
Load Paper In The Tray
- Lift the printer’s input tray and move the paper width guide outwards.
- Place a stack of paper in the input tray and slide the paper width guide against the paper.
- Now, lower the output tray.
- Pull the output tray extender out from the printer.
- You have now completed the hardware setup of the HP Deskjet 2724 printer.
Install The HP Printer Software
- Open a browser on your computer and access the official HP page.
- Type your printer model number in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- When the browser redirects you to the next page, click the Software, Drivers, and Firmware tab.
- Go to the Detected operating system section and check if your computer’s operating system is selected correctly.
- Navigate to the All drivers section followed by the Driver-Product Installation Software section.
- Click the Install HP Smart button to download the HP Smart application on the computer.
- In the Downloads folder, search for the saved printer file and double-click it.
- Perform the steps displayed on the screen to complete the installation.
- You have to establish a connection between the printer and the computer only when prompted.
- Now, you have successfully setup HP DeskJet 2724 printer.