- How To Setup Gmail In Mac Mail
How To Setup Gmail In Mac Mail
Setting up your Gmail account in the Mac Mail application:
The following versions of Mac OS support the automatic email configuration.
- macOS Catalina
- macOS Mojave
- macOS High Sierra
- OS X EI Capitan
- OS X Yosemite
- OS X Mavericks.
- Go to the Apple logo at the top-left corner, choose the System Preferences option from the menu, and click the Internet Accounts option.
- Select the Google email provider in the Internet Accounts window.
- If you see the ‘Google requires completing authentication in your web browser’ prompt message on the screen, select the Open Browser option.
- Type the Gmail account’s email address in the Email or Phone field and select the Next option.
- Enter the Gmail account’s password in the Enter Your field and select the Next or Set Up option.
- Select the checkbox next to the following options and click the Done option.
- Now, the Gmail account gets added to the Mac Mail application automatically.
If you use the OS X Mountain Lion or OS X Lion version of the Mac computer, perform the following steps.
- Go to the Apple menu in the main window of the Mac computer and choose the System Preferences option.
- Click the Mail, Contacts & Calendars tab on the left panel, and select the Gmail option.
- Make sure to enter the correct email address and password of the Gmail account in the appropriate fields.
- Once you click the Setup option, you will see a list of apps that can make use of the Gmail account will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the checkbox beside the Mail option and then choose other apps if needed.
- After you click the Add Accounts option, the Gmail account will be added to the Mail application automatically.
- Now, you can access the Gmail account from the Mac Mail application.
If you are using the OS X Snow Leopard version of Mac, carry out the steps given here.
- Open the main interface of the Mail application on the Mac computer.
- Click the Add Account option and then provide your Gmail account’s email address and password.
- Make sure to select the checkbox beside the ‘Automatically set up the account’ option.
- Once you click the Create option, the Gmail account will be added to the Mail application.
- Older versions of the Mac Mail application do not support the automatic email configuration.
- In this case, refer to the following server details to configure the Gmail account on the Mac Mail application:
- Account Type – POP or IMAP
- Email Address – email@example.com
- Password – Gmail account’s password
- Username – Gmail account’s email address without the domain name (@gmail.com)
- Incoming Mail Server – imap.gmail.com ( IMAP) or pop.gmail.com (POP)
- Outgoing Mail Server – smtp.gmail.com (SMTP)