- Setting up Email On Mac Mail
How To Setup Email On Mac Mail?
Apple Mail is a built-in email client developed by the Apple manufacturers for Mac and iOS devices. If you wish to setup email on Mac mail account, you should have an email account that has been created on your webmail client before adding it into the Mac Mail
Carry out these steps to set up your email account in the Mail app on your Mac:
- On your Mac, click the Launchpad icon at the Dock panel.
- Click the Mail icon to open the Mail app.
- Next, click the Mail menu available at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the Preferences option from the pull-down menu to setup email on Mac mail.
- Click the Accounts tab and select the Add icon at the bottom-left corner of the window.
- On the Add Account screen, enter your name in the Full Name field and type your email address in the Email Address field.
- Enter the correct password of your email in the Password field and click Continue.
- Choose POP or IMAP as your account type and enter the incoming mail server name (for example, pop.gmail.com or imap.gmail.com) in the Incoming Mail Server field after setup email on Mac mail.
- Enter your email address in the User Name field and click Continue.
- Under Incoming Mail Security, select the Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) checkbox if you wish to secure your emails with an encrypted connection.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server, enter your outgoing mail server name (for example, smtp.gmail.com) in the Outgoing Mail Server field.
- Enable the Use only this server checkbox as well as the Use Authentication checkbox.
- Enter your email address in the User Name field and type the correct password for your email in the Password field.
- Wait until the Mail app verifies your mail server.
- Verify your account settings in the Account Summary page and click the Create button to finish the setup email on Mac mail process.