Setup a VPN Mac
How to Setup a VPN Mac
The setup process for a VPN MAC differs based on your provider. You need to How to Setup a VPN Mac and configure the VPN settings manually if your admin or service has not sent you a VPN settings file.
Quick Guidelines For How to Set Up a VPN Mac System
Steps to Setup a VPN Mac
- Launch the System Preferences window from the Apple menu.
- Locate the Network icon and select it.
- Move to the bottom of the left panel to click the + button.
- Click the Interface drop-down box to select the VPN option.
- Select the VPN type as instructed by your VPN provider.
- Specify the service name as per your preference and click the Create button.
- Mention the IP address and the VPN account user name in their respective fields.
- Enable the checkbox prior to the Show VPN status in the menu bar option.
- Click the Authentication Settings button and select the method of authentication.
- Select the Advanced button and check if the Send all traffic over VPN connection option is enabled.
- Locate the VPN status icon and select it.
- Select the Connect button to complete the process.
Detailed Description to Setup a VPN MAC
There are different methods How to Setup a VPN Mac. You can use the VPN Settings File or the Shimo on MacOS Sierra to update the VPN. But this tutorial will explain you to set up a VPN on your Mac manually. Before you begin, make sure you have signed up for a VPN service.
Locate the Apple icon at the top left of the dock and select it. From the list, select the System Preferences option. A new window opens with a lot of options in it. Locate the Network icon and select it. Go to the panel on the left and scroll to the bottom of the screen to select the + button.
Now, select the blue button next to the Interface option. It lists a menu from which you have to select the VPN option. Specify the type of VPN mentioned by your provider in the VPN Type drop-down list. Click the text field next to Service Name and type a name for your VPN based on your preference.
Click the Create button after entering the details. The VPN settings for this new connection will appear in the right panel. Specify the IP address for the server in the Server Address text-field. Type the VPN account username in the next box. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the checkbox before the Show VPN status in menu bar option.
Locate the Authentication Settings button and select it. Select an authentication method as per the instructions given by your VPN provider and click the button named OK on it.
Scroll to the bottom of the screen. Locate the Advanced button with a question mark and select it. Before you click the OK button, make sure the Send all traffic over VPN connection option is checked.
A VPN status icon appears in the menu bar once you select the Apply button. With this option, you can enable/disable the VPN connection. Make sure to select this icon before you click on the Connect button. Your Mac device will now connect to the VPN server. Get more solutions on How to Setup a VPN Mac system contact with our tech team.