Unboxing and Setup of an HP Officejet 4620 All-In-One Printer
You can follow the unboxing guidelines mentioned below to set up your HP Officejet 4620 All-In-One Printer for the first-time.
- Cut the packing tape and open the HP Officejet 4620 carton. The first thing you will see is the pictorial setup guide which also has text in English, Spanish, and French, depending on where the HP Officejet is bought.
- Next, there is a user manual that is also available in these three languages. There are black tabs on the right side of the manual to access the content quickly in other languages.
- Take the statutory ink warning sheet out of the box and set it aside. Remove the HP Officejet USB cable and the driver CD from the carton and set them aside.
- An HP Officejet fax line is also included in the box. Make sure to keep it in an easily accessible location. Take the HP Power cord and stickers out of the box and keep them on a flat surface.
- Take the four setup HP ink cartridges out of the carton and set them beside the carton. Use the blue handles to pull the HP Officejet device out of the box. Remove the styrofoam padding from the sides and keep them aside for recycling.
- Carefully, remove the HP Officejet 4620 printer from the plastic bag and place it on a flat surface. Remove all the blue tapes from the HP Officejet device and discard them. Peel off the black protective films covering the glass surfaces of the Officejet device.
- Raise the HP Officejet printer’s top cover and remove the foam sheet that is kept on top of the platen.
- Now, raise the scanner assembly to access the print cartridge slot. Take the plastic film out and proceed to take the white plastic component from the cartridge slot out as well. Close the scanner assembly and the lid.
- Connect the HP Officejet 4620 power cable to the power port of the Officejet device and the power outlet. Press the Power button. Choose the language and country preferences on the LCD. The LCD shows the ‘Install Cartridges’ prompt.
- Take the HP print cartridges out of the package. Twist the orange component to break it away from the cartridge. Use the tab provided to peel off the plastic film. Place the cartridges in their slots and press each of them till you hear a click. Close the scanner assembly. The LCD displays the ‘Genuine cartridges installed’ prompt.
- Load a stack of paper sheets into the input tray and adjust the paper width guides to hold it in place. Install the paper output tray by pushing it into its slot until it clicks into place. Slide out its extension. Tap OK to confirm that you have loaded paper sheets. The alignment page will be printed.
- Place it face down on the scanner glass according to the details mentioned on it. Close the scanner lid gently and press OK. The alignment page is scanned. Insert the HP Officejet driver CD and follow the guidelines on the computer screen to complete the how to set up HP Officejet 4620.