How to set up wifi with canon printer
Certain access points have an automatic connection button which has a ‘WPS’ label. This lets certain devices connect to your network without the requirement to enter a password. It also enables the easy connection of your devices.
Easy and simple steps to setup wifi to Canon printer
- Confirm that the printer is switched ON.
- Confirm that the lamp flashes blue light.
- Move to the access point and click the WPS button within 120 seconds.
- The Wi-Fi present on the printer will keep on flashing at the time of searching when connecting to the access point.
- When the printer has successfully made a connection to your network which is wireless, the Wi-Fi lamp and the power will remain lit and stop flashing.
- Refer to our website if there are issues.
Detailed description of how to setup canon printer to Wifi
- Certain access points have an automatic connection button which has a ‘WPS’ label which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- This lets few devices connect to your network without the requirement to enter a password. It also enables a simple and fast method of connecting your devices.
- If WPS is not supported by your router, alternative instructions have been provided to get connected so, choose the ‘Standard Connection Method’ tab.
- A physical WPS push button must be available on the access point. Please check the user guide of the device for details. The instructions on the Standard Connection Method tab should be used if the WPS push button is not available.
- Your network has to be using the WPA2 or WPA security protocol. This protocol is used by many WPS access points. Confirm that your printer is connected successfully to your wireless network. The network settings of your printer can be printed as per your wish.
- Confirm that your printer is switched on. Load a sheet of letter-sized plain paper or A4 paper. Hold and press the Resume or Cancel button. An alarm light will flash for 15 times. The Cancel button has to be released.
- The information page for the network will get printed. When you refer to the printout, verify that the ‘Connection’ states that it is ‘Active’ and that the Service Set Identifier indicates the correct name of your wireless network.
- The WPS setup procedure is concluded in it as well. To make the most of your Canon printer, you need to proceed by installing the software. If the installation CD that came with your product is missing, download the software and the manuals by choosing your product that came from the PIXMA range page. Contact our technical team for any other assistance.