- Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB Setup
How To Set Up Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB?
Western Digital My Passport Ultra is a portable external hard drive. Using this WD drive, you can easily store and back up your data. It is compact, and you can take it anywhere. It has 1TB to 5TB of storage capacity. You can see how to set up Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB on this page.
- The WD My Passport Ultra External Hard Drive.
- USB 3.0 Cable.
- Quick Install Guide.
Unboxing The WD Drive:
- Open the box, then take out the box contents including the WD My Passport Ultra portable hard drive.
- Remove the packing cover and place the WD portable drive on a flat surface.
Steps To Set up WD Portable Hard Drive:
- Setting up the WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive is a simple task, and here we have given the steps to use the hard drive on a Windows computer.
- Make sure your Windows computer is turned ON.
- Now, connect one end of the drive’s USB cable to the computer USB port and the other end to the WD hard drive.
- The drive automatically turns ON.
- Check the WD drive icon that appears on the My Computer window.
- Double click and open the drive; you can see the software setup file and other documents.
Steps To Install The WD Software:
- Open the WD drive folder on the computer and then double-click the setup file.
- On the Welcome to the WD Software Installer screen, click Next.
- Click the Recommended Install radio button; next click I agree to the Western Digital End User License Agreement checkbox and then click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the WD software installation on the computer.
- Once the software installation is complete, click Next.
- On the next screen, under the Set Security option, enter a new password in the Password field; again, type the same password in the Verify Password text field.
- If you want to auto-lock your WD drive on the computer, click the relevant checkbox.
- Click Set Password.
- Using the WD software, you can easily take a backup of your data up to 1TB.
Hopefully, you know how to set up Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.