How to set up hp printer to wifi?
To set up the HP printer Wi-Fi, you need to establish an active Internet by connecting it to a Wireless router. There are several methods for setting a wireless network connection. By executing any one of the ways, you can set up your HP printer to Wi-Fi.
The simple and quick steps to set up the HP printer
- Power up your compact HP printer.
- Make use of the controls on the touch panel to connect to the Wi-Fi.
- Press the arrow key on the right and then tap Setup.
- Choose Network Setup and select Wi-Fi Protected Setup Wizard.
- Select the Network name or SSID from the list displayed.
- Enter the security WEP/WPA passphrase or security key and tap Done.
- Press OK so that you confirm the settings and device stores the same.
- Touch OK when the screen prompts printing the wireless report.
The elaborate procedure to set up the HP printer to Wi-Fi
- There are multiple ways for your printer to establish a Wi-Fi connection. You can prefer any one of them but make sure your printer supports the techniques. The standard method of setting a connection is by USB.
- You can connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable. Use the installation Compact Disc that came along with the printer or navigate the official site for downloading the latest driver for your printer.
- Use the HP Auto Wireless Connect method, and this lets you connect the printer to wireless devices without using any wires or entering network authentication. The HP Auto Wireless Connect provides you with directions to install the printer driver software on your computer.
- When the wizard prompts, prefer the Network type and then select appropriate printer settings. Once you are done choosing the type, the HP Auto Connect feature takes care of the remaining process.
- Prefer to run the Wireless Setup Wizard of your HP printer’s control panel. Note that this wizard method is suitable only for the printers that have a touch display. Hit on the wireless icon and go to the Network menu. From the list of active wireless network, discover your network name or SSID. If the list does not contain the network name you are searching for, enter it manually using the pop-up keypad. Enter the security password when the screen alerts.
- Make sure to enter the network credentials accurately as they are case sensitive. You can execute the WPS method when the methods mentioned above fail. There are two approaches in Wi-Fi Protected Setup method, WPS Push Button and PIN method. Initially, make sure that your router has WPS button on it. Go through the spec of the printer and check if it supports the WPS method.
- Press the WPS push button on your HP printer and two minutes later, push the WPS button on your wireless router, this will connect the printer to the wireless network.
- When the display indicates The PIN, open the software for the wireless router and inscribe the WPS PIN. I am sure by following the elaborated procedure, and you can set up the HP printer to Wi-Fi.