How to set up hp printer on MacBook Pro?
The following contains quick steps and elaborate procedure which provides you answer for how to how to set up hp printer on MacBook Pro. Navigate the official site and view for the best accessible printer driver for your Macbook pro using the Apple Software update. Once the driver installation is done, you can use most of the printer highlights.
The quick and easy steps to set up hp printer on MacBook Pro
- Choose System Preferences by clicking the Apple menu it.
- Prefer Print & Fax or Printers & Scanners based on the type of your OS.
- See if the name of your HP printer is displayed on the list.
- Click the + sign and select Add Printer, if your HP printer is not listed.
- Pick your printer after clicking Use or Print Using menu.
- Download and install the printer driver if the screen prompts you.
- Click Add and the printer is added to the list.
- Terminate the preferences window and do a test print.
The complete procedure to connect HP printer to Mac computers
- To connect HP printer to your MacBook Pro, you have to utilize the most robust printer driver software. Make sure to power up your HP printer and connect it to the Macbook before you start installing.
- Use a USB cable or connect through a confined Wi-Fi network. Install the HP driver through Apple Software Update. You have to build a print queue on your Mac computer.
- Apple Software updates the software automatically and downloads the driver. You can also download manually through the official site or from the Apple Support site. Navigate to Apple menu and then pick System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax, or Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, and the options will differ based on the OS version of your MacBook.
- You have to thoroughly check if your HP printer’s name is listed under the available devices.
- If the printer is listed, remove and then add it again to confirm that connection is made, and the correct driver is installed.
- Highlight your printer and then click ‘-‘ button, this will spontaneously remove the printer from the devices connected to the MacBook. Click ‘+’ sign to add your printer back again.
- Click Add Printer or Scanner if you cannot see your HP in the list. If the effort to add your printer to Mac fails, review the printer’s connection. cautiously pull the USB cable out and reconnect it to the MacBook Pro.
- While using a wireless connection, ensure that both the devices are connected to the identical network. Now, try to add the printer to Mac again. Choose Use or Print Using menu and then pick your printer’s name.
- If the MacBook indicates to install the driver, click on Download and Install to perform the installation. Click Cancel when the screen displays “Software is currently unavailable.”
- Try to install the printer driver manually and later shut the System Preferences window. Try to Print, Scan, or Fax employing the MacBook. It is prescribed to install the full-featured software so that you can utilize the maximum functionality of your HP. By following the above guidelines, you can set up your HP printer to MacBook Pro.