- Set Up a Network Printer using IP Address
How to Set Up a Network Printer using IP Address?
Once you bought a network printer, you need to set up to your home/office network so that you can print from anywhere. There are several possible ways available using which you can set up your printer to the network. If you know the IP address, you can set up using that. Read further for more information about How to Set Up a Network Printer using IP Address.Ask the Question!
Easy Guidelines For Set Up a Network Printer using IP Address
The Quick Steps to Setup Network Printer Using IP Address
- Connect the devices: Once you know the IP address, connect the printer and the router using the Cat 5 or 6 cable.
- Find IP address from networked computer: Click Start Control Panel Printers & Faxes. Locate your printer, right-click on it and then choose Properties. Go to the Ports tab and find the IP address from the first column.
- Find the IP address from DHCP: Using the status of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, you can connect with the router and find the IP address from its status page
- Add Printer: Once you know the IP address of the printer, add it to the computer. Go to Start Printers and Faxes. Click next on the setup wizard and choose the printer type (Local/Network). Pick Create a new port option Standard TCP/IP Port on the next screen.
- Add Port: In the next screen you have to fill “Printer Name or IP Address: and Port Name”. Click Next and select the Device Type as the generic Network card. Click Next & Finish.
- Install the Software: The Add printer wizard appears after adding port. If you are using disk then chose “Have disk’ option. Enter the CD, type the Printer name and click Next. Enable printer sharing on the subsequent.