- Scanning On The Dell Printer
How To Scan On A Dell Printer?
Dell printers are known for producing clear and crisp documents at a low cost per page. Newer models come with scanning options that are widely used in homes and various organizations. The scan component consists of a lid and a glass surface on which the document is placed and a laser that moves underneath the items to get scanned. In the below segments, we have clearly discussed the detailed steps that will help answer your query — How to scam on a Dell printer?
Things To Be Followed Before Performing A Scan:
- Turn on your computer and the printer.
- Download the latest printer drivers from the official Dell support page.
- Connect the Dell printer to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open the scanner cover.
- You can see the markings next to the glass bottom. These markings show how a document needs to be placed.
- Place the document facing down the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- So, the initial preparation is over.
Steps To Perform A Normal Scan (scan To Pc):
- Turn on your Windows computer and the Dell printer.
- Connect the printer to your computer.
- Click the Windows Start icon.
- Type Windows Fax and Scan and press the Enter key.
- Under Best match or suggestion, click on Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- In the next window, verify that your Dell printer model is shown next to the Scanner.
- If your printer name (Dell) is not visible, then click the Change option to select your printer.
- Once everything is done, change the required settings.
- Choose the file type as PDF.
- If necessary, click the Preview option to preview the document on your computer screen.
- If the document is not scanned correctly, then look after the document placement.
- Once you have reviewed the document, click the Scan button.
- The scanned document will be saved to your PC.
- Click Documents and double-click the scanned Documents folder to locate the scanned document.
Continue reading to know more on how to scan on a dell printer.
Steps To Perform Scan To Email:
- As mentioned in the above section, open the scanner cover and place the document.
- Establish a wireless connection between the Dell printer and your computer (Ensure that both the devices are connected to the same network).
- Make sure that you have added an active email account.
- Press Scan to Email from the home screen.
- Use the navigation icons to select Send Email.
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- If necessary, you can modify the scan settings like resolution, color, format, encryption, etc.
- However, you also have the option to review and modify the basic settings.
- Press the Start button.
- Now the printer scans the document and sends it to the intended user (recipient).
In the above article, we have tried our best to explain two of the most used scanning methods (Scan to PC and scan to email). For more assistance on how to scan on a dell printer, call our technicians.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.