- How ToRestore My Data From Wd My Cloud Backup
How To Restore My Data From Wd My Cloud Backup?
WD My Cloud is a personal storage device that can be connected directly to your WLAN router. It works as a central backup for all your devices. If you have already created a backup using the WD Backup software, you can restore it in just a few clicks.
This article gives you a brief insight into the procedure for restoring your data from the WD My Cloud backup. Without much ado, let us learn the procedure in detail.
START RESTORING YOUR DATA
- Connect the WD My Cloud hard drive to your computer. You can use a USB cable for this purpose.
- Download and install the WD Backup application.
- On the WD Backup Setup screen, select the “Click Restore Files to restore files from a previous backup” option. Click on the Restore Files button.
- In the Select your WD storage device or cloud service window, you need to choose the device from which you want to restore your data; select WD My Cloud and click Next.
- In the Restore a backup window, pick the destination to restore the files. Click the radio button next to “Select Location: Select a new location” and click on Select Files to Restore.
- In case you prefer to restore the files to WD My Cloud itself, choose the “Original Location: The location your files were backed up from” option.
- Select the date from which you want to view the files and choose the folders you want to restore.
- Once done, click the Restore button.
- Now, your data will start to restore to the specified destination, and you can monitor this in the progress bar.
- Once the restore process reaches 100%, it will show you the message “Your files were successfully restored.”
- Finally, click the Close button.
In this manner, you should restore your data from WD My Cloud Backup. For further questions and clarifications, you can always reach our technical experts for assistance.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.