- Restore Cleared Safari History On Mac
How To Restore Cleared Safari History On Mac
Recovering the deleted Safari browser history on your Mac can be done using two methods.
- Using the Time Machine Backup
- Using a standard data recovery software
- Ensure that you have an updated backup before recovering the Safari browsing history using the Time Machine Backup.
- Close the Safari browser (if it is opened on your Mac) and all other running programs.
- Next, connect the hard drive to your Mac (if you have created the backup folder in the hard drive).
- From the Dock, click on the Finder icon and select the Go menu at the top of the screen.
- Select the Go To Folder option from the drop-down menu and enter the ~/Library/Safari/ file path in the text box.
- Click the Go button and select the History.db file in the Safari folder window.
- Click the Time Machine icon at the menu bar and select the Enter Time Machine option.
- Now, go to the date of the Safari history to be recovered by clicking the Up or Down arrow key.
- After selecting the required date, click the Recover button.
- This will restore the deleted Safari browser history.
- To verify the recovered browser history, launch the Safari browser and click the History menu.
- If you aren’t able to recover the deleted browser history, use any trusted third-party data recovery software to recover the deleted history or how to Restore Cleared Safari History On Mac.
Carry out these steps to recover the deleted Safari browser history using the Time Machine Backup:
Carry out these steps to recover your Safari browser history using a data recovery software:
- On your Mac, you need to download and install a trusted data recovery software.
- Open the downloaded software and select your Macintosh HD to recover the data from.
- Next, click the Scan button and wait until the scan is completed.
- It might take a few minutes for the scan to complete.
- From the scan result, choose the deleted Safari browser history files.
- Click the Recover button and select a device location to save the recovered data on your Mac.
- After completing the recovery process, go to the specified location and check whether your browser history files have been recovered.