- Reset Safari Settings
How To Reset Safari Settings
Refer to the easy instructions mentioned here to know how to reset Safari settings.
- Launch the Safari web browser on your Mac computer.
- Click the Safari tab at the top-left end of the screen and choose the Clear History option.
- If you see a dialog box with the ‘Clearing history will remove related cookies and other website data’ message, choose the All History option from the Clear drop-down menu and select the Clear History option.
- Navigate to the Safari tab again and then choose the Preferences option.
- The Security dialog window will appear on the screen.
- Click the Privacy tab and select the Manage Website Data option followed by the Remove All option.
- Click the Remove Now option followed by the Done option in the next dialog box that opens.
- Click the Passwords tab, choose the saved passwords that you want to delete, and click the Remove option at the bottom.
- When prompted, select the Remove option again.
- Go to the Extensions tab and then remove all the extensions.
- Click the Advanced tab and select the checkbox next to the Show Develop menu in menu bar option.
- Navigate to the Develop tab, choose the Empty Caches option, and exit the dialog box.
- Click the Menu icon at the top-left corner of the Safari web browser.
- Right-click the web page that you want to delete and choose the Remove Items option.
- Close the Safari web browser.
- Return to the main screen of the Mac computer, click the Go tab, and select the My Computer option.
- Open the untitled folder and click the Library folder followed by the Caches folder.
- Select the file that is in the Caches folder, right-click it, and choose the Move to Trash option.
- When prompted, provide the administrator password in the Password field and click OK.
- Go to your iPhone, search for the Settings application, and tap its icon.
- Select the Safari option, scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and tap the Advanced option followed by the Website Data option.
- Select the Remove All Website Data option and then tap the Remove Now option.