- WD Cloud Reset
How To Reset My WD Cloud?
For the past few years, people have been using various web services to store their essential files and folders. By using the web services, you can access your files from the cloud sitting at any geographic location. However, you only get a limited amount of space for free and end up paying a hefty subscription fee for more cloud storage. There is also the problem of uploading everything to those who can snoop through the data you store remotely. WD offers an alternative method, where you can simply put everything you want on the My Cloud drive and use the company’s applications to get the files from any location. So, with all the features, it is quite crucial for you to keep the data secured by having a solid password. However, if you have forgotten your WD password, you can reset My WD Cloud device by following the below-given steps.
ERASING YOUR WD MY CLOUD DRIVE
- If you want to unlock the password by yourself, then there are two options. First, by trying the password again and again, and second, by erasing your WD drive.
- Open your WD My Cloud drive, then enter the remembered passwords about a few times in a row.
- Now it will show you an alert — There were too many password recovery attempts.
- Click on the Erase Drive option. It will erase all your data along with the password, which means you will be able to unlock your device.
- Erasing the drive will lead to losing your entire data, and there is no way to get back the erased data.
- You can’t retrieve the data from an encrypted drive even if you have erased it completely.
- So, erase the drive only if the data is not so important and you want to use your WD My Cloud device at any cost.
STEPS TO RESET THE WD MY CLOUD
- Resetting the device is the last thing one has to do in the process of troubleshooting.
- First, you need to turn off your WD My Cloud device.
- Disconnect the device from your PC or any network device.
- You can view the reset button on the rear end of the device.
- Use any paper clip or a narrow object to press and hold down the reset button for about a few seconds.
- Once the resetting process is initiated, your WD My Cloud device starts to reboot.
- It will take about a few minutes for the device to reboot completely, so wait patiently until it reboots.
- After successful completion, the power light turns solid blue.
- It’s time to connect your WD My Cloud device with the PC using a wired connection.
- Now, you need to re-configure your WD device as per your requirements.
- These are the simple steps to reset My WD Cloud device.