- Reset Microsoft Edge settings
How to Reset Microsoft Edge settings
In some situations, your MS edge browser might work slower than usual. And in other situations, it might display unwanted or inappropriate advertisements. In these scenarios, resetting your MS Edge settings to the factory defaults will help in resolving the issue. The reset feature will help you in doing the same, and at the same time, your important information like bookmarks and open tabs will also be saved.
When you reset MS Edge settings to the factory defaults, the following changes will take place:
- The default and the saved search engines will be reset to the original defaults.
- The URL that you have set previously will be removed.
- The pinned tabs will now get unpinned.
- Disabling of your extensions and themes will take place.
- Clearing of site data and cookies will happen.
- The content settings will get cleared, and then they will be reset to their installation defaults.
- Your Homepage button will be hidden.
To reset your MS Edge settings to their defaults, make use of the steps given here:
Note: The following instructions will be applicable if you are using the new MS Edge based on the Chromium framework.
- First, open Microsoft Edge on your computer. Next, go to the upper-right corner of the browser and click on its main menu button. This button will be represented by three horizontal dots.
- When you see a drop-down menu appears on your screen, choose the Settings option.
- From the left side of the window that displays next, under Settings , select the Reset Settings option.
- Now, in the main window, below Reset settings , you will find the Restore settings to their default values button. Click on this button.
- You will now find a confirmation dialog box on your screen. This dialog box will show the components that will be restored to their defaults in case you wish to continue with the How to Reset Microsoft Edge settings process.
- So, click on the Reset button in the same dialog box to finish the restoration process.
You will now have the Microsoft Edge settings reset to their factory defaults.