- Restore Internet Explorer Browser Settings
How to Reset Internet Explorer Settings?
Internet Explorer (IE) is one of the oldest internet browsers present in the computing world. It is the default web browser on all Windows OS devices. However, IE has been replaced by the Microsoft Edge web browser in the latest Windows operating systems. Because of this, not many people use the Internet Explorer web browser at the moment. But some users who still use it complain that the browser gets stuck or frozen quite often. Well, we cannot complain about that, since we have already told its one of the oldest web browsers. The Internet explorer also tends to act slow or show you unwanted advertisements, and the only way to deal with this is how to reset internet explorer settings.
We shall now get into the steps to reset the settings in the Internet Explorer browser.
- On your Windows computer, make sure you close all the open tabs in the Internet Explorer browser before resetting its settings.
- Press the combination keys Ctrl + Shift + Delete and click the Task Manager option.
- Close all the applications running on your computer by clicking the End Task button located at the bottom right corner on the screen.
- Now, go to the Internet Explorer browser.
- Select the Settings (Tools) option and click Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset button located in the Reset Internet Explorer settings section.
- Now, the Internet Explorer browser’s settings will be reset to default.
- Once it is done, click the OK button.
- To apply the changes permanently, you have to restart your computer.
If you having any further queries regarding how to reset internet explorer settings. Click the call button available on the screen.