How to reset ink cartridge hp 61
The following document gives you a solution for How to reset ink cartridge HP 61? The HP 61 ink is compatible with Deskjet, Envy, and Officejet series printers. Refer to the specification document and check if your printer supports HP 61 cartridge.
Quick steps to reset HP 61 ink cartridge
- Open the access door of the cartridge.
- Wait until the carriage is moved to the center and remove the empty cartridge.
- Clean the electrical contacts of the printer using a lint-free cloth.
- Use the distilled water and wipe the internal parts of them to clear the ink residue.
- Re-insert the HP 61 ink cartridge back into the printer.
- Check the control panel of the printer for messages related to the ink cartridge.
- Perform a test print.
- Do a hard reset if the printer cannot identify the cartridge.
The elaborate procedure to reset the HP 61 ink cartridge
- The HP 61 ink cartridge is a popular cartridge type as it is compatible with most of the printer models. It is also knowns as CH561WN and is widely available. When you combine HP 61 ink cartridge along with the ColorLOk papers, these ink reach the full potential and deliver high-quality outputs.
- The cartridge is manufactured in two sizes, Standard and high-yield. The HP 61 is compatible with a handful of Deskjet, Envy, and Officejet printers. To install the cartridge, remove the top cover of the printer and move the carriage to the center.
- In case the ink is low or empty, and you can see the warning message on the display panel of your HP printer, remove the empty cartridges from the printer and replace with a new one. You may need to reset the printer when the dry ink settles because the residue does not allow the printer to deliver a quality print.
- You need to clean the printhead and the cartridge to clear the ink stain and residue from it. You have to make use of a lint-free cloth damped in cleaning liquids. Gently wipe on the surface of the ink cartridge’s electrical circuit and remove the dried ink stains. Use a dry cloth to dry the circuits and re-insert the cartridges back into their position.
- See the control panel of your HP printer for any message related to the ink cartridges. If you have to use an aftermarket HP 61 printer, you can witness the error message, but still you will be able to work with it. If the error message is like “missing ink cartridge” which means that the HP 61 is not installed correctly in the designated slot, then remove the cartridge from the printer and reinsert it.
- Make sure the ink cartridge is locked into its spot. Move it slightly to confirm that it is moveable from its current position. Try to do a test print once the cartridge is reset. I am sure the content above gives you knowledge about HP 61 cartridge reset.