HP Deskjet 3634 Factory Reset
How to Reset HP Deskjet 3634?
The HP Deskjet printer may not print due to various reasons. By resetting the print environment, you can fix most printer issues. The document given below contains quick steps how to reset HP Deskjet 3634 printer.
Quick Steps to Perform the Hard Reset on the HP DJ 3634 Printer
- Power off the printer and unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Leave your Deskjet 3634 printer undisturbed for a few minutes.
- Re-plug the power cable to the wall outlet and power up the printer.
- Reach the Support menu by pressing the Back button four times.
- Navigate to the Reset Menu and find different reset options.
- Select a preferable reset option and click OK.
- Wait until the printer completes the reset process.
- Reboot the device and the settings will be changed.
An Elaborate Procedure to Reset your HP Deskjet 3634 Printer
- A Simple reset procedure can clear various issues with the printer. You can factory reset the printer to restore the settings to defaults. However, the page count, tray size, and languages will remain the same.
- Turn off your printer and remove the cables. Wait for a few seconds and then reconnect the power cord. You have to reset the HP printer if it encounters the same problem. Resetting will fix most printer issues and bring the printer back to normalcy. Read the below-given procedure which is mainly for Mac machines connected to the HP 3634 printer.
- You can reset the printer; this removes all the printers & scanners from the print queue. It also removes all the print jobs, and settings made on the printing system. The printer reset impacts on all printing devices connected to Mac. This reset process is vital for the printer to troubleshoot issues. You have to add all the devices back in order to work with them.
- This process will resolve specific issues like print jobs stuck in the queue, incomplete driver installation, connection issues between your system and printer. All the pending print jobs and printer settings will be erased on resetting.
- Navigate to System Preferences by clicking the Apple menu. Click on Printers & Scanners. You can right-click anywhere in the window or press the Control key on the keyboard and then left-click. Click Reset Printing System, choose Reset and select the OK button. Sometimes the window prompt for username and password.
- Type the necessary details and click OK. The system will now get reset. Switch off the printer and leave it in the idle state for a few seconds. Power on your HP printer and wait until the noise settles. Once the printer becomes silent, go to the Printers & Scanners option. Identify your printer in the list and look for [+] Add button.
- Highlight your printer and click Add. Once the connection is established, take a test print. If you find that the printer is not working, do a cold reset. Unplug the printer from the power cord and Ethernet cable. The printer should be allowed to rest for a few seconds. Replug the cables and power up your HP printer. Open a word document and perform a test print. By following the above procedure for how to reset HP Deskjet 3634 printer.