How to reset HP Deskjet 2540
How to reset HP Deskjet 2540, disconnect the power cable from the printer while the device is on, and perform the step-by-step procedure given on the hp website. After resetting the printer, try to print and check the printer function.
Steps to reset the HP Deskjet 2540 printer are listed below
- Unplug all cables & discard the power cord from the wall outlet of the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord, if their is any power module.
- After 60 seconds, plug the cord back into the wall outlet.
- Attach the power cord into the back of the printer.
- Wait for the printer to auto power wake up, if not turn it on with the power button.
- Before, connecting the printer to the cable, try to make a photocopy.
- The reset hp deskjet 2540 can be done in the Mac computer.
- Avoid connecting the printer through a surge protector.
Elaborate steps for How to reset the HP Deskjet 2540
- Read the procedure carefully and perform them accordingly. The initial step is to unplug all the cables and memory cards from the printer. Discard the power cord from the back of the printer, while the printer is turned on.
- Detach the other end of the power cord from the power source. If you find any power module on the power cord, disconnect one end & reconnect the other. Now, press & hold Power and Cancel buttons together, and plug the power cable.
- Continue to hold the button for 20 seconds and then let go of them. Plug the power cord into the wall outlet and avoid connecting it to surge protector or battery. It is recommended by HP experts, that the printer should be plugged to a wall outlet directly to ensure a consistent level of power. In some cases, power issues can cause printing problems.
- Wait for the printer to power on. If it doesn’t, turn the printer on with the power button. Before connecting any other cables into the printer, try to make a photocopy if your printer is an all-in-one. Now try connecting it back.
- In Mac, the HP printer reset can be performed. Resetting the printer helps to resolve some specific issues in Mac such as Print jobs stuck in the queue, an incomplete print drive installation, and communication problem between the printer & Mac.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu, and then select the System Preferences option. Click Printers & Scanners—->Print & Scan or Print & Fax. Click anywhere inside the Printers window, right-click or Control+ click, and then select Reset printing system.
- A dialog box appears, click Reset or OK. If prompted, type your username & password, and then click the OK button. The printing system resets is done. Now turn off the printer, wait for 5 seconds, and then turn the printer back on. Wait for the printer to remain idle and silent. On the Mac’s printer window, select the Add button. Click Add after picking the printer from the list. The printer now displays on the list.
- To resolved solutions for how to reset hp deskjet 2640 printer.