Reset Google Chromecast
How to Reset Google Chromecast?
The following document provides steps to reset Google Chromecast. Google Using the Chromecast you can stream the live entertainment apps from your devices like mobile phone, tablet right to your Home theater or speakers. It is a live media player that extracts content from the Internet and displays on your TV screen.
The Quick Steps to Reset Google Chromecast
- Check if the Chromecast is on and connected to the network.
- Make sure your TV is on and Launch Google Home app on your phone.
- Tap on the Devices option in the upper right corner.
- Find the device you want resetting from the list displayed.
- Tap on the “backdrop” icon at the top left corner of the phone.
- Reboot the Chromecast by tapping Reboot option.
- Touch the Settings button for factory reset.
- Tap OK on the confirmation pop-up to verify the execution of the command.
The Elaborate Procedure to Reset the Google Chromecast
- Read the detailed procedure given below to reset the Google Chromecast. You will not often reset the Chromecast, yet it is necessary to do when it misfunctions. The Chromecast automatically completes the update when connected to the internet, and this may create some problem.
- If you reset the user, you need to reset the Chromecast as it can remember only one network at a time. So, if you have reset the router, make sure to implement those changes on the Chromecast too.
- Using the Chromecast setup guide, implement the changes to the network settings. You can also re-do the setup, if the old network is out of the range probably you have to reset the Google Chromecast.
- Similarly, the other case to reset Chromecast is when it freezes or hangs. If the Chromecast hangs frequently, it is advised to reset it.
- There are two ways to reset the Google Chromecast. Identify the button next to the USB port and hold down it at least for 25 seconds. The solid light will begin flashing and re-connect the USB cable again. This will factory reset Google Chromecast. As there is only one button on Chromecast, it will be easy for you to locate the same.
- The second method to reset is to use the Chromecast app in your devices. This method will result fine only if you can able to connect the Chromecast to your device. If the problem is in establishing the connection, you have to try another method. The simple Chromecast freezing problem can be resolved by the method mentioned above.
- You need to restart the Chromecast App in order to reset it on your device. Re-connect your device to the app and tap the menu button. The Chromecast dongle will show you the information as a popup window.
- The popup will have options like Help, Reboot Chromecast, and Factory reset Chromecast, Open source licenses, etc. Tap on the Factory reset Chromecast option, and this will reset the Google Chromecast on your device. You have to reboot your device once the reset has is done. This above procedure will help for how to Reset Google Chromecast on your device.