- Reset Google Chrome Settings
How To Reset Google Chrome Settings
Is your Google Chrome browser taking too much time to respond? Most probably, it might be due to the errors on your Chrome profile settings. These errors can be resolved by resetting the Google Chrome settings. It can be done in two ways to reset Google chrome settings, as mentioned below.
- Using Chrome Settings
- Deleting the User Profile
Method 1: Resetting the Google Chrome Settings using the Chrome settings
- On your Windows computer, click the Google Chrome icon available in the system tray to launch the Google Chrome browser.
- In the browser window, click the More icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Settings option to reset Google chrome settings.
- In the Settings window, scroll down the page and click the Show advanced settings link.
- Navigate to the Reset Settings section and click the Reset settings button to increase chrome speed.
- If you are using a Linux or Mac computer, click the Restore settings to their original defaults button and select Reset Settings.
- If prompted, click the Reset button again to confirm your action.
- Wait until the reset is completed.
- Now, the Google Chrome browser will be restored to factory defaults.
Method 2: Resetting the Chrome browser settings by deleting the user profile
- On your Windows computer, launch the Google Chrome browser and click the More icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings from the pop-up menu.
- In the Settings window, navigate to the People section and select your current profile.
- After selecting your profile, click the Remove button to delete the account from your Chrome browser.
- Once the account is removed from Google Chrome, the configured settings will be reverted to factory defaults.
- Following that, the Google Chrome browser will automatically prompt you to add a new account.
- If you aren’t able to reset Google chrome settings, contact our technical support team by clicking the Call button available on this screen for remote assistance.