- How To Reformating Wd Easystore For Mac
How To Reformat Wd Easystore For Mac?
Western Digital Easystore is a portable external hard drive that offers high capacity storage. This drive uses an ultra-fast USB 3.0 cable for connectivity. Automatic backup software, universal connectivity, and built with WD reliability are the other outstanding features available in this hard drive. The WD Discovery & WD Drive Utility software is compatible with the following macOS versions: Mavericks, Yosemite, El Captain, and Sierra. To use this external hard drive with your Mac computer, you have to reformat it. The section below will guide you in reformat Wd easystore for Mac.
Note: If you have stored any files or data on the WD Easystore external hard drive, back up them.Because during the reformatting process, all the data stored on the drive will be erased.
Reformat WD Easystore
- Connect the WD Easystore drive to your Mac computer to reformat Wd easystore for Mac.
- Turn on your Mac computer and the WD Easystore drive.
- Click the Applications option, followed by Utilities.
- Select the Disk Utility option.
- Now, a window titled Disk Utility will appear on your Mac computer.
- The names of the connected external drives will be displayed on the left-hand side panel of the screen that help you to reformat Wd easystore for Mac.
- On this list, look for the Western Digital Easystore drive and select it.
- Click the Erase tab.
- In this window, select the Mac OS Extended option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click the Erase button.
- Wait for the on-going process to get completed.
- Once it is completed, you can see the Western Digital Easystore hard drive icon on the top of the desktop screen.
- You will also get a prompt message to use the WD drive for Time Machine.
- If the prompt message does not appear, launch the Time Machine application.
- Click the Menu option, followed by Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, select the WD Easystore drive and utilize it as per your needs while reformat Wd easystore for Mac.