- RECOVERING UNSAVED WORD DOCUMENT ON WINDOWS 10 PC
HOW TO RECOVER UNSAVED WORD DOCUMENT IN YOUR WINDOWS 10?
Usually, when you save a file, you expect it to be saved properly. At times, a Word document might not be saved in your folder due to the Microsoft Word crash or system crash. Sometimes, by mistake, you would’ve not saved the correct file. So, from where do you recover an unsaved Word document on your Windows 10 computer? Simple. Look at this page to recover unsaved word document in your windows 10.
How to recover unsaved Word documents in your Windows 10?
At first, you have to search for the Word document that you’ve failed to save. Go to the Start menu. Type the Word document name in the Search box. If the document is not listed in the search results, proceed to the next solution.
- In case you have a backup copy of the Word document that you’ve saved, you need to check for an extension. You’ll have to check for the extension by selecting File > Options > Advanced. Now, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the window.
- Under the Save section, you need to select the Always create backup copy option.
- Also, you’ll have to check the Recycle Bin. Using the Windows Recovery tool, you will be able to recover the unsaved Word document file.
If you face any further problems, go ahead with the next solution mentioned below. By turning off the Controlled Folder Access, you’ll be able to fix the issue and recover your document completely.
- On your Windows computer, go to Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click the Virus and threat protection option and then select Virus & threat protection settings.
- You’ll have to scroll down to the bottom of the window.
- Now, just locate the toggle button for Controlled Folder Access and then turn it off.
- It fixes the problem, and you’ll be able to recover the unsaved document on your Windows 10 computer.
- Still not able to find the Word document or cannot recover it? You need to allow only specific files through the Controlled Folder Access.
Apply these solutions to recover unsaved word document in your windows 10.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.