How to recover deleted files mac
How to recover deleted files Mac is a common search query that is used by the users who want to know about recovering deleted files from their Mac system. Mac system users, you have come to the right place to get the best solution for your problem. Follow the simple instructions mentioned below to recover your lost files.
Quick steps to recover deleted files on a Mac system
- Get EaseUS data recovery software on your computer.
- Download and install it from the Internet.
- Download the free version file which is around 30 MB.
- Use the free version if you have few files that amount less than 2 GB.
- Open the EaseUS software on your Mac computer.
- Select the location where you want to save your files.
- Click the Scan button. The scan process will search as many deleted files as possible in that location.
- Check the scan results on the left pane. Select the files and click on Recover Now button to restore them.
Detailed procedure on how to restore lost files on Mac
- To recover deleted files on Mac is an easy task if the files are still in the Trash folder. You can just go to the Trash folder and restore them back to their original place. We have provided some tips to first keep your files safe by backing them up.
- A back up is performed so that you can restore your data back even if you lose them accidentally. In Mac systems, there is an in-built feature called the Time Machine which acts as a great backup tool that can back up files automatically.
- Connect an external hard drive to your Mac system and then go to System Preferences and select Time Machine and click on Select Backup Disk. Choose your external hard drive and enable automatic backups.
- Time Machine keeps your system’s data secure on an external hard drive so that you can access them whenever you want. Else, you can even back up your data to a Cloud storage system so that you won’t have any worries about reliability.
- If you just hit the Delete button, then your file will not be permanently deleted. You can always find them in the trash folder unless you manually clear them from Trash. If your file was stored on an USB flash drive or an external hard drive, then they will have their own trash cans where you can check for the deleted ones.
- While moving files to the external drive, the Mac system creates a set of hidden files so that they work better with your system. .Trashes is one of these files and it might contain some deleted files. If you are using MacOS’s Sierra version, then you can view the hidden files in the Finder by using the Shift + CMD + hotkey or the period keys together.
- The above steps would have sure helped you to recover deleted files in Mac without purchasing any online software or tool.