How to recover deleted files from recycle bin
To recover deleted files from the recycle bin is an easy task. But to get the files that seem to have been lost permanently might not seem so easy. Hence, we have provided steps on how to recover deleted files from recycle bin. The steps mentioned in this website are simple and can be easily understood by the user.
Quick steps to recover deleted files from recycle bin
- Turn ON your Windows computer.
- Open the Recycle Bin by double-clicking the Bin icon on the Desktop.
- Find the file you want to restore.
- Select the file by right-clicking on it.
- Click Restore. The file gets restored to the location where it was removed from.
- If you want to restore multiple files immidetaly, hold the Ctrl key and select the files one-by-one by clicking on them.
- Right-click on one of the files and click on Restore from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the original file location and you will find the files restored.
Elaborate steps to recover lost file from the recycle bin
- With the help of the instructions given below, you can learn how to recover deleted files from the recycle bin. However, you will not find the files which have been permanently deleted from your hard drive. We have a solution for that too.
- This issue might also occur if you have cleared the Recycle Bin folder. The files will be permanently deleted if you press the Shift and Delete keys simultaneously while trying to delete a file or folder.
- To restore the permanently deleted file, you will have to use a third-party software or Windows backup. This restores the file to its previous version. We have described the procedure to recover files using Windows backup.
- On your Windows computer, go to the Start menu and select Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, click on System and Maintenance. Select Backup and Restore. Click Restore my files. Proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen.
- The other way to restore your computer to the previous state is by opening the My Computer folder from the Desktop or Start menu. Open the folder where you have saved the file previously.
- Right-click on the folder and select Restore previous version. The computer will take take you to the previous state where you will find the deleted files and folders.
- If you have cleared the recycle bin and have not backed up your Windows system, then you will need to use a third-party software to restore your lost files. There are a lot of data recovery software tools available on the Internet for free. You can download and install them to recover your deleted files from Recycle Bin.