- WD My Book Open
How To Open WD My Book?
WD My Book is one of the trusted high-capacity storage devices that allows you to store and organize all your data in one single place. This drive comes with some cool features like password protection, WD reliability, WD Backup software, WD Discovery, and more. It is easy to set up and use the drive. However, over time, some WD My Book users may find their drive dead and have no idea what to do with it. If you’re also the one among them, then you have reached the right page. You can replace the faulty drive present inside the WD slot with a new one. The below section explains how to open WD My Book drive.
Tools required to open WD My Book
Before beginning the process, make sure that you have the following tools:
- A flat blade screwdriver
- A Phillips screwdriver
Opening the WD My Book drive
- Initially, make sure that the drive is disconnected from your computer.
- Now, get the flat blade screwdriver and insert it in between the plastic trim and the metal cover to remove the outer case of the drive.
- After unlocking the clips, slide the drive’s front panel forward and remove it.
- Now, using the Phillips screwdriver, remove the two screws mounting the drive in the case.
- After removing the damaged hard drive from its case, open the drive’s cover by removing the four screws mounted on the sides.
- Now, remove the damaged drive.
- Get the drive that you wish to replace instead of the damaged one.
- Insert the drive into its slot.
- Close the cover and mount all four screws back into the drive cover.
- Place the hard drive in its case. Mount the screws and close the outer case of the WD My Book drive. Check whether the drive is installed correctly by connecting it to your computer.
To get remote assistance regarding how to open WD My Book, contact us.