- WD My Passport Installation On Windows 10
How To Install WD My Passport On Windows 10?
Are you looking for the right, simple, and easy procedure to install WD My Passport on Windows 10 computer? then this page will help you to perform it easily. Before going into the installation process, read to know the WD My Passport drive.
The WD My Passport external hard drive is designed to store and manage your large and different types of files in one single place. The USB 3.0 connectivity that it supports is faster compared to the other connection types. This drive comes with some cool features like local & cloud backup, password protection, and auto backup.
Start Setting Up WD My Passport
Generally, the WD My Passport external hard drive is compatible with the Windows 10 OS. However, make sure that your Windows 10 OS is up-to-date before you begin the installation process. Now, let’s see how to install the WD My Passport on Windows 10 for the first time.
- Get the USB 3.0 cable provided along with the drive.
- Now, turn on your Windows 10 computer.
- Plug the USB cable’s one end to the drive and the other end to your computer.
- Now, your computer will try to recognize the connected drive.
- Once it is done, the connected drive name will be displayed in the My PC window.
- Now, open the drive folder and click on the WD Setup file to install the WD software on your Windows 10 computer.
- In the dialog box titled Welcome to the WD Software Installer, click the Next button to initiate the WD software installation.
- Select the desired installation type when prompted.
- Install the WD software on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the WD My Passport drive installation is done, the drive is ready for use on your Windows 10 computer.
Click the Call button provided on this page if you need remote assistance to install WD My Passport on Windows 10.