- How To Install My Passport External Hard Drive
How To Install WD My Passport On Windows 10?
Modern computers come with a lot of storage space, but if you want extra storage space, you must do extra work. A good solution for adding storage capacity is to install a hard drive in your system. This article explains how to install the WD My Passport drive on your Windows 10 computer. Read this page and learn the procedure.
Install The Latest Updates
- Before installing the WD My Passport drive on your Windows 10 computer, we recommend installing the required Windows updates.
- To do this, go to the Settings section on your Windows computer.
- Select Windows Update in the left pane and click the Check for updates button.
- Follow the instructions to continue and install the latest updates.
Start Using Your Hard Drive
- First, turn on your Windows 10 computer and connect your WD My Passport hard drive using the supplied USB cable.
- Make sure your hard drive appears in your computer’s directory.
- Now you can use your WD My Passport drive as an external storage device.
Install WD My Passport Driver On Windows 10
- You can enhance your hard drive’s capabilities by installing WD software on your Windows 10 computer. These steps show you how to install the WD software on your computer.
- Locate the WD Apps file in your computer’s file manager and double-click the setup file.
- On the Welcome to the WD Software Installer screen, click Next.
- In the Installation Type dialog box, choose whether you want to install only the WD software or all of the WD software. Then, click the Next button.
- When the Software License Agreement screen appears, click the “I Agree” check box to accept the terms and conditions. Then click Next.
- Continue following the prompts to complete the installation.
Why Wait? Start Your Backup!
Hope you have installed the WD My Passport hard drive on your Windows 10 computer. Start backing up your data using WD Backup and enjoy the benefits of WD My Passport storage device. If you have any questions or need professional help installing your hard drive, reach our technical experts. We ensure a quick response.