- WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD Installation
How To Install WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD?
The WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD offers high-capacity storage with enhanced reliability. It is designed to protect data for many years. Let us now learn how to install WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD in detail. Before you start the installation, ensure that you meet the necessary requirements for installing WD solid-state drive.
The initial setup procedure includes:
- Installation of the drive
- Connecting the power cable
- Open the product package.
- Check all the components present in it.
- Take out the drive from the box.
Installing 3D NAND SATA SSD:
- Open the CPU side panel using a screwdriver to locate an open bay.
- You’ll find an additional drive slot.
- If you do not have an additional drive slot, attach a bracket so that your SSD drive fits into the mounting bracket.
- Start lining up the holes underneath and then screw it tightly.
- Install the SSD into the additional drive slot.
- Start fixing the screws so that your SSD fits firmly into the additional drive slot.
- Using a SATA power cable, connect your motherboard to your SSD.
- Connect the L-shaped SATA power connection to the correct port of the SSD so that it matches and fits firmly.
- Connect the other end to the motherboard.
- Now, connect the unused power cable inside your computer to your SSD’s port.
- After connecting it successfully, put the panel back into the CPU and screw it tightly.
Getting started with the initialization process:
Initializing The Drive:
- On your computer, click the Start menu.
- Click File Explorer.
- In the left navigation bar, select This PC and then right-click on it.
- Choose Manage.
- Select Disk Management under the storage section.
- The Disk Management window appears on the screen.
- The Initialize Disk Wizard pops up immediately.
- Click the OK button to start the initialization.
- The initialization process starts.
A black bar is displayed with an unallocated label. This means that you are successfully install WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD. You can now create multiple partitions, format your SSD, and start testing the drive.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.