- Installation Of Printer Driver
How To Install Printer Driver?
A printer driver is a software responsible for transmitting the commands remotely from the computer to the printer. Install printer driver is very easy if you follow the below-mentioned steps.
Installing Built-in Printer Driver On Windows Pc
- Before installing the printer driver on your Windows computer, change device installation settings.
- To do so, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen and type ‘change device installation settings’ in the search panel.
- In the Device installation settings window, select the Yes option and click the Save Changes button.
- Next, connect your printer to the computer using a standard USB cable.
- Alternatively, you can connect them to the same wireless network using the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Once connected, open the Control Panel app and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Next, click the Add a printer button.
- In the Add a device window, select your printer’s name from the displayed list and click Next.
- If your printer’s name is not listed, click on the The printer that I want isn’t listed link.
- Choose the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option and click Next.
- Select the Use an existing port option and click Next.
- Click the Windows Update button and wait until the printer drivers are updated.
- In the Manufacturer section, select your printer’s manufacturer name.
- Under Printers, select your printer’s model number.
- Next, install the driver with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- Once installed, disconnect and reconnect the USB cable connected to the computer.
Installing The Printer Driver On Mac
- First, connect your printer to the Mac computer using a standard USB cable.
- Next, click the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon in the System Preferences window.
- Click the Add icon on the bottom-left corner of the panel and select Default.
- Select your printer from the Printers list and click the Add button.
- Next, install the printer driver with the help of the software installation disc (if supported).
- Alternatively, you can download the compatible printer driver from your printer’s official site.
- Run the downloaded installer file and proceed with the on-screen prompts to finish the driver installation. If you need remote assistance to Install printer driver, click the call button.