- Installation Of Printer Driver Windows 10
How To Install Printer Driver Windows 10?
A print driver is a software that enables communication between the printer and the computer whenever you assign print/scan jobs remotely. Install printer driver Windows 10 computer is very simple if you follow the below-mentioned steps.
Before Installing The Printer Driver
- Verify whether you have connected the printer to a standard power source and powered it on.
- Connect the Printer and computer using a standard USB cable.
- Alternatively, connect them to the same wireless network (if you wish to connect them wirelessly).
- Once connected, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type ‘change device installation’ in the search panel and select the top-most search result.
- In the Device installation settings window, select the Yes (recommended) option and click the Save Changes button.
Printer Driver Installation
- On your Windows 10 computer, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Next, click the Settings icon to open the Settings app.
- Alternatively, you can open the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- Click the Devices tab and select Printers & scanners from the left-side panel.
- Under Add printers & scanners, click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- If your Windows computer detects your printer, select your printer’s name from the displayed list and carry out the on-screen prompts to complete the driver installation.
- Otherwise, click on the ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ link.
- In the Add printer window, select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option and click Next.
- Select the Use an existing port option and click Next.
- If necessary, click the Windows Update button to update the printer drivers.
- Once updated, select your printer’s manufacturer name from the Manufacturer panel.
- Under Printers, select your printer’s model number and click Next.
- Finish the driver installation with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- Once installed, disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.
- Add your printer as the default printing source on your computer and verify the printer functionality by printing a test page remotely. If you need remote assistance to install printer driver Windows 10, contact our technical experts.