- Installing MacOs On Vmware
How To Install Macos On VMware?
Are you wondering how to install macOS on VMware? Then you have reached the right page where you can find the complete steps for the purpose.Basically, VMware is a virtualization software that allows you to use multiple virtual computers on a single computer hardware. In this article, you’ll find installing MacOS on VMware running on a Windows OS-based computer.
Before you begin the installation, download the tools mentioned below.
VMware Workstation Player, macOS VMware image and Unlocker for VMware Patch tool
Note: In the below section, we have provided the steps to install macOS Mojave.Usually, the above-mentioned tools will be downloaded as a zip file. So, make sure to unzip them before starting the installation. On your Windows computer, check if the VT-X or AMD-V virtualization technology is enabled. If not, enable it.
Now, let’s see how to install macOS (Mojave) on VMWare.
Step 1: Install VMware Workstation
- Make sure that you have downloaded the VMware Workstation player installer.
- Check if you have extracted the downloaded file as discussed above.
- If not, extract it and continue the installation.
- Open the installation file.
- Install the Workstation on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
Step 2: Install VMware Unlocker patch tool
- Make sure that you have extracted the VMware Unlocker patch tool.
- Now, right-click on the file and choose the Run as administrator option.
- Wait for the on-going process to complete.
- Once it is done, go to the next step in the installation.
Step 3: Creating macOS VMware
- Double-click on the VMware Workstation software icon on your Windows computer.
- On the main screen, click on the Create a New Virtual Machine option.
- In the New Virtual Machine Wizard dialog box, select the Typical (recommended) option and click Next.
- Choose the I will install the operating system later option followed by Apple Mac OS X.
- Now, in the dialog box titled Name the Virtual Machine, type the desired name in the Virtual machine name field. For example, macOS Mojave.
- Select the default installation directory for VMWare by clicking the Browse button beside Location.
- After selecting the location, click Next.
- Now, in the Specify Disk Capacity window, select the maximum disk size of your desire. (Note: Make sure not to set the disk size less to be than 40 GB. Because the minimum recommended size is 40 GB.)
- Click the radio button beside the Store virtual disk as a single file option.
- Click Next -> Finish.
Congratulations! You have successfully created macOS VMware on your Windows computer.
Step 4: Configuring the Virtual Machine
- Launch the VMware Workstation software on your Windows computer.
- Locate and click on your Virtual machine’s name (macOS Mojave).
- Click on the Edit virtual machine settings option.
- In the settings window, adjust the memory capacity by clicking the Memory tab.
- Now, click on the Processors option. Set the number of processors as 2 or more as per your desire.
- Click the CD/DVD (SATA) option and select the Use ISO image file option.
- Browse the ISO image file and select it.
- Now, go to the USB Controller section; from the USB compatibility section under Connections, select the USB 3.0 option.
- Close the Virtual Machine Settings window.
- Go to the next step to finish the macOS installation on VMWare.
Step 5: Adding Configuration key
- Close the VMware Workstation window completely. If necessary, restart your Windows computer.
- Open the Virtual Machine setup folder.
- Locate the file with an extension .vmx and right-click on it.
- Now, select the Open with option followed by Notepad.
- You will see the setup command displayed on the Notepad screen.
- Scroll down to the end of the Notepad and type the following command: smc.version= ‘0’ . Now, save the file.
Step 6: Installing macOS Mojave
- Launch the VMware Workstation tool.
- Locate and click on the Power on this virtual machine option.
- Wait for the screen titled Welcome to appear.
- On the initial screen, select the desired language from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the language, click the Forward arrow icon.
- Now, in the macOS Utilities dialog box, click on the Disk Utility option followed by the Continue button.
- Select the VMware Virtual SATA option in the Disk Utility dialog box.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box titled Erase VMware Virtual SATA will appear.
- Type the desired name and format from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Erase button.
- Now, the selected disk will be formatted.
- Click Done -> Install macOS -> Continue -> Continue -> Agree -> Install.
- Installing macOS on VMware by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, you can see the default macOS Mojave screen.
To get remote assistance on how to install MacOS on VMware, contact us.