- Install Lexmark Cd
HOW TO INSTALL LEXMARK CD?
There have been issues stating that some users are not able to receive emails from the sender’s iCloud account. The problem is not widespread and is being limited to a small number of iCloud users.
If you possess an iCloud account and are expecting an email from your loved one, we’d suggest you wait for a while and see if you get the email sometime later. If not, you can work with the steps described in this article to know how to fix the iCloud not receiving emails problem and make it fully functional on your iPhone.
Generally, the printer setup process is incomplete without the driver installation. So, after completing the printer’s hardware setup, you have to connect and install the printer driver on your computer to complete the setup process.
On this page, you’re going to see how to Install Lexmark CD.
In most cases, the setup CD-ROM provided along with the printer is designed to work in Windows OS-based computers. So, if you’re using Mac or Linux, then you have to download the printer driver manually from the printer’s support page and install it on your computer.
Installing Lexmark using setup CD-ROM (Windows)
- Begin the installation process by signing in to your Windows computer as an administrator.
- Insert the setup CD-ROM into your computer.
- Now, wait for the installation wizard to open automatically.
- If the dialog box titled “User Account Control” appears, click the Yes button to continue the installation process.
- On the Select Installation Type screen, choose the Install option by clicking the radio button beside it. Click Install. (Note: Select the Extract and Install option if you wish to change the target install directory.)
- Accept the license agreement of Lexmark and click Agree.
- When prompted, select the software that you wish to install and click Continue.
- Select the Yes option in the Hardware Setup window if you haven’t completed your printer’s physical setup process.
- Unpack and turn on your printer. Install the ink cartridges or tanks and load paper in the tray or cassette as shown on the installation screen.
- If you’ve already completed your printer’s physical setup, then select No in the same window and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer drivers.
- Once the selected printer drivers are installed, you will be asked to select the connection type to connect your printer to the computer.
- Select the desired connection type and click Continue.
- Connect your printer to the computer over the same network by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Finally, check whether the installation process is done correctly by printing a test page.
Installing Lexmark without using CD (Mac)
In this method, first, you have to download the Lexmark printer driver for your Mac computer from the printer’s support page. After downloading the driver file, run it on your computer to finish the installation. The latest versions of macOS come with some basic printer driver built-in. So, as soon as you connect your devices to the same network, the available drivers will be downloaded and installed automatically on your computer.
The following instructions will guide you in installing the Lexmark printer on the Mac OS X 10.7 computer.
- Initially, connect your Lexmark printer and the Mac computer to the same network.
- Next, turn on your computer if it is turned off.
- Click the Apple icon in the taskbar.
- Select the Software Update option.
- Now, a dialog box titled Software Update will open.
- This utility will check for the latest updates for your Apple computer and the Lexmark printer driver.
- On the ” New software is available for your computer” screen, select the Lexmark printer driver and click the Install button.
- Now, the selected printer driver(s) will start to install on your computer.
- Once it is installed, configure the print queue settings.
Finally, print or scan a test page to check whether the installation is done correctly.
Scanning a test page
- On your Lexmark printer’s scanner, load the original that you want to scan.
- Open the Printers & Scanners screen on your computer.
- Select your printer.
- Click Scan > Open Scanner and configure the scan settings as per your preferences.
- Finally, click Scan. Now we have learned how to Install Lexmark CD.
If you need advanced technical assistance in installing Lexmark with or without CD, contact us.