How to install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV?
If you are looking to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV, kindly go through the document below. Kodi was formerly called as XMBC. It is an open source powerful media player that makes it simple for the users to access all the digital media platforms. There are some alternatives for Kodi which is available like Plex. You can install them too. It is advisable to install Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick as it provides a customizable option.
The quick steps on how to install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV
- Connect the Amazon Fire TV Stick to your television and plug the USB cable.
- Turn on the ‘Find Apps from unknown settings’ option from the Developer option.
- Choose the Downloader app from the Home screen and install the same.
- Open the Downloader, type the URL https://kodi.tv/download, and select Go.
- Choose the latest bit version from the heading Kodiev.
- Click Install after the download is completed successfully.
- Select All and click Install again on the next Black Kodi screen.
- Return to the Homescreen and you will find Kodi apps.
The detailed procedure to install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV
- The Amazon Fire TV stick is a new sparkle that houses all your content. Using this, you will be now able to carry your TV on your vacation too. It is a portable device that you can take with your toothbrush. You have to plug into any smart TV that is compatible with Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- The app will let you stream thousands of sources across the world which includes Xbox One too. Kodi can be installed on various platforms, but the one which suits better is Amazon Fire OS commonly known as Firesticks. You have to learn that installing Kodi is not a simple task. It needs a specific procedure to be followed. The method given below is simple, and by following it, you can successfully complete the Kodi installation.
- You cannot directly download the application instead you have to install an app that helps you in a simple installation of the Kodi app. There are a few holder applications available out of which ‘Downloader’ is simpler to use.
- To find the application, use the mic-embedded Fire TV Stick and say ‘downloader,’ the app will be instantly displayed on the screen. The security features will prompt you to disable downloading from an unknown source, that is, the apps which are not available in the Amazon App Store. Make sure you have turned on this feature as the Kodi app is not available in the Amazon app store.
- You have to boot-up the Downloader once the installation is done. The Amazon Fire OS has this drawback. It should work on keeping the apps at your fingertip. Launch Downloader because through this, you can download apps, files, interface, and browser as the Fire TV don’t have its browser. Type the URL of the Kodi https://kodi.tv/download in the white box of the initial page of Downloader. The resulting webpage will be the same for laptop and TV.
- The next page will display all the available platforms for Kodi. You have to choose any one of them and proceed. If you are choosing Android, then all the built-ins will be listed. Pick the one depending on the version of your Fire TV.
- Choose the new ARM version if it is available and compatible with your TV. There are two versions, ‘Release’ and ‘Nightly,’ and it is recommended to choose the ‘Release’ version. Once the download is complete, the Downloader automatically installs Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV.