- HP Smart Tank Plus 651 Printer
How To Install HP Smart Tank Plus 651 Printer?
The first step to install HP Smart Tank Plus 651 printer is to unbox it.
- First, take out the printer from its box.
- Next, choose a leveled surface to keep your printer.
- Now, remove all the protective tapes from the outside of your printer.
- Please lift the scanner lid and then remove the protective tape on the scanner glass.
- Next, open the front door. Then, take out the tape and packing material from the ink access area.
- Now, open the printhead access door and take out the tape and packing material from the inside of the printer.
Connecting The Power Cable
- Take the power cable and connect one of its ends to the rear section of your printer.
- Plug the other end of the power cable into the electrical outlet.
- Important Note: Please avoid connecting the USB cable at this stage. You have to establish the connection between your computer and printer only during the software installation.
- Now, you can turn on your printer. Please wait patiently for the printer to be idle and silent before proceeding to install HP Smart Tank Plus 651 printer.
- In case your printer has a touchscreen control panel, you can now choose your language.
Filling In The Ink Tanks
- First, open the cap of the cyan ink tank.
- Next, open the cyan ink bottle.
- Now, twist the lid of your ink bottle and keep it aside.
- Please turn the ink bottle upside down and then keep it over the tank spout.
- Now, gently and carefully push down the ink bottle onto the spout.
- Once you have filled the ink bottle, set the ink bottle upright and then close the lid of the ink bottle.
- Now, close the cap of the ink tank.
- You can follow the same procedure to fill in all the other ink tanks.
- Finally, close the front door.
Installing The Printheads
Follow the steps below to install HP Smart Tank Plus 651 printer for the printheads
- Open the front door of your printer and then open the printhead access door.
- Please wait patiently for the carriage to stop moving before you proceed with the next step.
- From the printhead packing material, lift the plastic handle.
- Now, gently press down on the printhead latch to open it.
- You can now take out the plastic insert. Please do not forget to recycle it.
- After opening the printhead packages, take out the printheads.
- Next, pull the orange plugs to remove them from the tops of your printheads.
- You can now take out the tape from your printhead contacts.
- Please slide the printhead slightly at an upward angle into the empty slot. Then, push up on the printhead until it snaps into place. Remember to insert the black printhead into the right slot and the tri-color printhead into the left.
- You can now close the blue carriage latch.
- Finally, close the printhead access door and then close the front door.
- First, lift the input tray of your printer. Then, extend the output tray.
- Gently slide the paper guide to the left.
- Now, you can load a stack of white paper into your input tray. Next, slide the paper guide in until you see it touching the stack of paper.
- It is now time to align your printheads.
You have now finished the hardware setup of your HP Smart Tank Plus 651 printer. Now, for the software installation of the printer, please follow these steps:
- On your computer, navigate to the official site of your HP Smart Tank Plus 651 printer.
- When you click on the Download button (to download your printer software), a new pop-up window will appear on your screen. In this window, click the Save File option.
- When you see that the downloading is completed, please double-click the downloaded file to begin your software installation.
- In case you see the Open Executable File? pop-up window, click in the OK button.
- If you find the User Account Control dialog box, please click on the Continue or the Yes button.
- The file will be compressed. Please wait until it extracts and start running.
- You can now continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish the installation of your printer software.
We have now seen the steps involved to install HP Smart Tank Plus 651 printer.