How to install HP printer on Mac?
The following quick steps and the detailed procedure will give you solution for how to install HP printer on Mac. Browse the official website and look for the best available printer driver on your Mac system using Apple Software update. Once the driver installation is completed, you can use most of the printer features.
The quick and simple steps to install HP printer on Mac computers
- Go to the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences from it.
- Choose Print & Fax or Printers & Scanners based on your OS type.
- Check if the name of your HP printer is displayed on the list.
- Click on the + sign and choose Add Printer, if your printer is not listed.
- Select your printer after clicking Use or Print Using menu.
- Download and install the printer software if the screen prompts you to do so.
- Click Add and the printer gets added to the list.
- Close the preferences window and perform a test print.
The elaborate procedure to install HP printer on Mac PCs
- To install HP printers on Mac, you have to use the best available printer driver software. Make sure to turn on your printer and connect it to the computer before you begin installing. Use either a USB cable or connect through a local Wi-Fi network. Install the HP driver via Apple Software Update.
- You have to create a print queue on your Mac computer. Apple Software update automatically downloads the driver but, you can also download it manually through the official website or the Apple Support site. Go to the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Print & Fax, or Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, and the options will differ based on the version of your OS.
- You have to check if your printer’s name is listed in the Printers list. If the printer is listed, remove and re-add it to make sure the connection is made, and the proper driver is installed. Highlight your printer and then click on the – button, this will remove the printer from the list. Click on the + sign to add the printer back again.
- If you can’t find the printer in the list then, click Add Printer or Scanner. If your attempt to add your printer to Mac fails, check the printer’s connection. Pull out the USB cable and reconnect it to the Mac computer. When using a wireless connection, confirm that both the devices are connected to the same network.
- Now, try to add the printer to Mac again. Choose Use or Print Using menu and then select your printer’s name. If the Mac prompts to install the software, click on Download and Install to complete the installation.
- Click on cancel when the screen displays “Software is currently unavailable.” Try to install the printer driver manually and later close the System Preferences window. Try to Print, Scan, or Fax using the Mac computer.
- It is recommended to install the full-featured software so that you can utilize the maximum functionality of the HP. By following the above-detailed procedure to install HP printer on Mac.