- HP Officejet 3830 Printer
How To Install HP Officejet 3830 Printer?
HP OfficeJet 3830 is an All-in-One multi-function printer that can be used both at home and in the office. It has a touch-screen display and supports Apple AirPrint and Mopria print service. It functions with a Monthly Duty Cycle of 1000 pages and a recommended Monthly Volume of 100 to 250 pages. To install HP Officejet 3830 printer, follow the steps below.
Let us now start with the hardware setup of the printer:
Unboxing HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer
- First, take out the HP Officejet printer from its box.
- Next, take out all the tapes and packing materials from the outside of your printer. Then, open the exterior door.
- Open ink cartridge access door of the printer. You will find more tape and packing materials, remove them all.
- Now, open the ink cartridge access door and take out the tape and packing materials from the inside of the printer as well.
- You can now close the ink cartridge access door. Also, close the exterior door.
- Take the power cable and connect one of its ends to the back part of the printer.
- Then, plug the other end of the power cable into the wall socket.
- Now, press the power button on your printer to turn it on.
- You will see the Language options on your printer control panel. So, touch the desired language and then touch the Yes option.
- Next, touch the desired Country/Region and then touch the Yes option.
- When the Date/Time menu is displayed, choose the date and then touch the Next option.
- Now, select the time and then touch the Done option.
Installing Ink Cartridges
Note: Please use only the HP ink cartridges that come along with your printer package at the time to install HP Officejet 3830 printer.
- Open the exterior door of your printer. Then, open the ink cartridge access door.
- You can see that the printer carriage moves to the center part of the printer.
- Now, you have to wait patiently for the printer to become idle and silent.
- After a few minutes, take out one of the ink cartridges from its package. Please ensure that you touch only the black plastic on the cartridge. Next, remove the protective tape.
- Important Note: Please avoid coming into contact with the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles.
- Now, slide the new ink cartridge into the empty slot at an upward angle.
- Next, gently push up on the cartridge until you find it snap into its place.
- Remember to insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot and the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Now, you have to repeat the procedure to install the other ink cartridges.
- Finally, close the ink cartridge access door, followed by the exterior door.
Loading Paper Into Printer:
- First, lift the input tray of your printer.
- Next, gently slide the paper width guide to your left.
- Now, load a stack of plain white paper into the input tray.
- Carefully slide the stack down until it stops.
- Next, you have to slide the paper width guide towards the paper stack to fit the edges of the paper.
- Now, pull out the output tray of the printer.
- Raise the tray extender. This will be a vital part to install HP Officejet 3830 printer.
Aligning Ink Cartridges
- To obtain the best print quality, the alignment of the ink cartridges is essential.
- Once you are done with loading the paper, touch the OK option. You will see that the printer automatically prints an alignment page.
- Now, lift the scanner lid. Position the alignment page on the scanner glass with the printed side facing down.
- You can now close the scanner lid.
- Finally, touch the OK option to scan the page and then finish the ink cartridge alignment.
The hardware setup of your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer is now complete. You can now begin with the software installation.
Important Note: Please refrain from connecting the printer to your computer until you see an instruction to do so in your printing software.
- When you click the Download button to get the recommended software for your printer from the official site (on Mozilla Firefox), you will find a new pop up window to download it (the software).
- In the window, click on the Save File option. You will have to wait patiently for a few minutes for the file to get downloaded.
- When the downloading is over, go to the Downloads folder on your computer. Then, double-click the printer software file (the most recently downloaded file) to begin with the software installation.
- In case you see the ‘Open Executable File?’ window, click on the OK button.
- If the User Account Control window pops up on your screen, click on the Continue or the Yes button.
- Important Note: Since the printer software file is compressed, it might take some time to extract and then start running.
- You can now continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish the software installation.
The hardware and software setup to install HP Officejet 3830 printer now complete. We have now discussed how to install your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer and make it ready for use.