- Install HP Laserjet Pro m428fdw
How To Install HP Laserjet Pro m428fdw Printer?
HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW is a multifunctional printer which is suitable for both home and office use. The printer has a color touch screen display, and supports the print, scan, fax, and copy functions. All three Wireless, wired, and USB interfaces are supported by this printer.
On this web page, we’ll help you to install the HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW printer over a wireless, wired, or a USB cable connection on Windows or Mac.
If you’re going to install a new HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW printer, then perform the printer’s hardware setup by following the instructions given below. If you have already completed the printer hardware setup, then skip the printer hardware setup section and go to the installation part straightaway.
HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW Printer’s Hardware Setup
- Open the product package.
- Take the HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW printer and the other components like user guide, power cord, and telephone line cord out of the box.
- Remove all the packing tapes from your printer.
- Now, pull the tray 2 out of the printer.
- Adjust the paper guides and load a stack of clean plain paper.
- Slide the paper tray into the printer.
- If you wish to connect your printer over a network, then insert the network or Ethernet cable into your printer now. If not, skip it.
- Connect your printer into an electrical outlet and turn it ON.
- Set the basic printer preferences as per your desire.
- Once your printer’s control panel has been set up, verify the printer functions by printing the printer configuration report.
- To do so, tap on the Setup icon on your printer’s control panel.
- Select the Reports menu followed by Printer Configuration Report.
- Now, your printer’s configuration report will be printed.
- Update your printer’s firmware as prompted on the screen.
- Now, your printer’s hardware setup process has been completed.
Let’s see how to install the HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW printer over a wireless, wired, or a USB cable connection.
Printer Installation On macOS Over A Wireless Network
- Turn your HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW printer and the wireless router or access point ON.
- Connect your Mac to the same wireless network to which the printer is to be connected.
- Now, on your printer, open the Dashboard by swiping the tap down.
- Select the Wireless option by tapping its icon.
- Tap Setup > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Complete the wireless setup process by following the instructions displayed on your printer screen.
- Once your printer has been connected to the wireless network, begin the printer’s software installation on your macOS using the driver file.
- Download the HP Easy Start file available for the HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW printer from its support page.
- Open the downloaded HP Easy Stat file.
- Perform the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the installation.
Printer Installation on macOS over a wired network
- Get an Ethernet cable that is compatible with your printer.
- Now, connect the printer directly into your router or access point using the network cable.
- Once you have done it, tap the Ethernet icon on your printer’s control panel.
- Now, your printer’s IP address or hostname will be displayed on the screen.
- Connect your Mac to the same network that the printer is connected to.
- Open the HP Easy Start installer file on your Mac.
- Perform the instructions displayed on the screen.
Printer Installation On Windows Over A USB Cable Connection
You can perform this method either using the HP Easy Start tool or the driver file.
In the section below, we have detailed how to install the printer using the downloaded driver file.
- First, make sure that you have the HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW printer driver file downloaded.
- If not, download it from the official HP site or our site and then begin the installation process.
- After downloading the driver file, open it, and begin the software installation process on your Windows computer.
- Make sure to connect the USB cable between the printer and your computer only when prompted during the software installation.
- Once you have installed the printer driver, you can perform the print or printer-related operations from your computer.
To print from your hand-held device to the HP Laserjet Pro M428FDW printer, then you can either use HP Smart app or AirPrint or Android Printing or HP Roam or Google Cloud Print.
Contact us if you need remote assistance on the same.