- Installation HP Laserjet Pro M283fdw
How To Install HP Laserjet Pro M283fdw?
HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW is a multifunctional printer that supports USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi connections. Some of the features of this printer are automated scanning, mobile printing, automatic two-sided printing.Easy hardware guidelines to install HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer are provided below.
Step 1 – Unpacking HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW
- Take the HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer out of the box.
- Remove the protective tapes, stickers, and packing materials from the inside as well as the outside of the printer.
- Make sure to recycle all the packing materials.
Step 2 – Placing Paper In The Input Tray
- Draw the input tray out from the HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer.
- Move both the paper width and paper length guides to the outermost position.
- Place some legal-size plain paper with their printable side facing up in the input tray.
- If you want to load pre-punched paper, the holes in the paper should be on the left side of the input tray.
- Align the paper width and paper length guides according to the paper dimension.
- Push the input tray to the back to install HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer.
Step 3 – Connecting The Power Cord
- Take the power cord and connect it between the HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer and a wall outlet.
- Power up the HP printer by pressing the Power button on its control panel.
- Choose the country/region of your residence and your preferred language, and tap the Yes option on the control panel.
- Set the correct date and time and tap Yes.
- Now, you will see both the Self-Managed and IT-managed options on the printer’s display panel.
- Self-Managed – This option is for home users.
- IT-managed – It is for office users.
- To know more about different options, print an Information Sheet on the HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer by selecting the Print Information Sheet option on the control panel.
Step 4 – Downloading The HP Printer Software
- Access the official HP web page (manufacturer website) and type the printer model (HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW) in the search bar.
- When the next page appears, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab on the left-hand side of the screen to download and install HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer.
- The Operating System of your computer will be detected automatically.
- If you need to change the detected OS, click the Choose a different OS link and choose the computer’s OS and its version from the Operating System and Version drop-down menus.
- Click Change in the ‘Change preferred operating system’ dialog window.
- Navigate to All drivers -> Driver-Product Installation Software.
- Click the Download link below the Full Software Solution file.
- The HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer driver file will be saved in the computer’s default folder.
Step 5 – Installing The HP Printer Software
- Double-click the downloaded HP printer driver file and proceed with the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of the driver on your computer.
- At the time of the installation, specify a connection type in the Connection window.
- When prompted, connect the HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer to the computer.
- Once install HP Laserjet Pro M283FDW printer, print a test page to verify the setup.