- How To Install Hp Laserjet 1020 Plus Printer
How To Install Hp Laserjet 1020 Plus Printer
HP Laserjet is a single function printer that makes printing easier. It is a low-cost monochrome printer that makes printing jobs-affordable. Proceed with the guidelines that are given below to install the HP Laserjet 1020 printer.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- First, take out the HP printer from the carton.
- Remove the tapes, plastic films, and covers from the printer.
- Make sure to place the printer in a location that is away from the direct sunlight.
- Check the contents of the printer included in the package.
- Open the cartridge access door and remove the orange shipping restraint. Keep the door open to install ink cartridges.
Step 2: Installing the ink cartridges
- Unpack the ink cartridges from its cover and gently shake the toner cartridge.
- Now, pull out the orange tab to remove the packing material in the cartridge.
- Lower the output tray. Insert the cartridge firmly and press it down until it clicks into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
Step 3: Connecting the power cord.
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer.
- Plug the other end of the power cord in to an electrical outlet.
- Now, press the Power Switch on the rear side of the printer to turn it on.
Step 4: Loading Paper
- Slide the paper guides in the input tray according to the size of the paper that you are going to load.
- Fan a stack of paper and tap the stack on a flat surface before loading.
- Insert the stack of paper into the tray and slide the paper guides towards the edges of the paper.
- Close the input tray with its cover by properly fixing it.
Step 5: Installing the software
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- You can also download the software from the official HP website.
- Choose a preferred connection type when prompted.
- Complete the HP printer’s driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- You can print from your computer easily after installing the driver.