- Install Hp Deskjet D2660 Printer
How To Install Hp Deskjet D2660 Printer?
The procedure to set up the HP Deskjet D2660 printer for the first time is given on our web page. Let us see how To Install Hp Deskjet D2660 Printer.
Step 1 – Unpacking the printer:
- Take the HP Deskjet D2660 printer out of the box.
- All the tapes and packing materials from the outside and inside of the printer needs to be removed.
- Check if the necessary components are present inside the HP Deskjet D2660 printer.
Step 2 – Power cord connection:
- Plug the power adapter into the rear port of the printer.
- Take the power cord and establish a connection between the power adapter and an electrical outlet.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Power button and hold it.
- This will power up the HP Deskjet D2660 printer.
Step 3 – Plain paper loading:
- Open the printer’s paper tray and pull its extension towards you.
- Move the paper-width guide to the extreme end and place a stack of plain paper with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the paper-width guide to fit the paper.
Step 4 – Ink cartridges installation:
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Lower the ink cartridge cover and wait until the carriage inside it moves to the center.
- Take the new black ink cartridge, remove it from the package, and remove the plastic tape.
Step 5 – Printer software installation:
- Go to the official HP website, type the printer’s model number in the search field, and click the Submit option.
- Click the Change button, choose the OS of your computer from the Operating System menu, and select the version of the OS.
- Select the Change option, navigate to the Driver section, and download the full software package by selecting the Download option.
- Instead of downloading the printer software from the manufacturer website, install it using the installation CD received along with the printer package.
- Start the installation wizard and continue with the on-screen guidelines.
- This will finish the printer installation process.
Step 6 – Ink cartridges alignment:
- Ensure that the plain papers are placed in the paper tray.
- Search for the HP Solution Center program from the Programs list and double-click its icon.
- Click the Settings option, navigate to the Print Settings section, and select the Printer Toolbox option.
- Go to the Device Services tab and select the Align the Print Cartridges option followed by the Align option.
- The HP Deskjet D2660 printer will print an alignment page.
- Check if the pattern on the alignment page is correct.
- We have now seen how To Install Hp Deskjet D2660 Printer
- Note: To get a better print quality, you need to use the genuine HP ink cartridges recommended by the manufacturer.