- Installation Of Printer Driver On Mac
How To Install Printer Driver On Mac?
The quick and simple methods given on this page will help you to install printer driver on Mac computer.
Steps To Know
- Initially, make sure that you have configured your Printer correctly.
- Check if the ink cartridges are installed properly.
- Make sure that the paper tray contains enough paper.
- For the wired or USB setup: Check if you have a USB cable/an Ethernet cable.
- For the wireless connection: Make sure that your wireless router is turned ON and ready for use.
- Make sure that you have your printer driver file downloaded. If not, download it from your printer’s official support page.
Now, let’s see how to install the printer driver file on Mac
Method 1: Installing Using System Preferences
- First, make sure that your printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Now, click the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option.
- Click the Printers & Scanners option.
- On the window that opens next, locate and select your printer. If its status is idle, then you can perform the setup process.
- If your printer is not displayed on the screen, then click the Plus button.
- Go to the Default tab of the Add window.
- The devices, including the printer that is connected to your Mac computer, will be displayed on the screen.
- Select your printer from the list.
- As soon as you select the printer, the driver(s) related to it will be auto-selected by Mac and the installation process will begin automatically.
- If Mac fails to detect your printer’s driver file, then you have to try the alternative method to install printer driver on Mac.
Download your printer driver file from its support page and save it on your computer. Now, on the Add window, select the downloaded driver file from the Use drop-down menu. Click the OK button followed by Add. Finish the driver installation by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Method 1: Installing Driver On Mac Over USB Cable
- First, connect your printer to Mac using the USB cable.
- Open the downloaded printer driver file on your computer.
- Perform the prompts displayed on the screen.
- If prompted, enter your Mac password in the given field. After install printer driver on Mac, try to perform a test print.