How to get HP to recognize refilled cartridge
By reading the given document, you can find the solution to how to get HP to recognize refilled cartridge. There can be many reasons for your printer not to recognize the cartridges installed. By reading the quick steps and detailed procedure, you can find a solution to the above query.
The simple and quick steps to solve failed cartridge recognizing the issue in your HP printer
- Restart the printer and check if it can able to identify the refilled ink cartridges.
- Look if the ink level status has been changed from low ink to full.
- Reset the internal memory to make so that the printer identifies the filled cartridge.
- Peel off the protective strips from the nozzle part.
- Replace the damaged toner with a new one.
- Clean the contacts with distilled water and insert it again.
- Check the status of the firmware and update it if necessary.
The detailed procedure to make HP recognize the refilled cartridges
- The query“How to get HP to recognize refilled cartridge or toner?” is more often posted one. The below-given document will be informative for you to fix the issue. Printer easily recognizes the new cartridges but, the issue occurs when you are installing the refilling or remanufactured ink cartridges. You have to fix this issue as the printer pops up alert messages. After installing a new or refilled cartridge, the printer can say many possible things if there is an issue with the ink cartridge’s like,
- Toner not compatible
- Printer cartridge not detected.
- A low ink level
- Cartridge protection enabled
- No cartridge installed.
- The reasons for the above-listed error messages are as follows. It is the job of the printer to reset its memory when a new cartridge is installed. The internal memory should reset itself, and the ink levels should be displayed as full.
- But, at times the printer fails to reset and thus error message is displayed. While inserting a new cartridge remember to peel off the protective strips from the electrical contacts of the ink cartridges.
- If you failed to remove it, then the printer could not recognize the cartridge inserted. When a new cartridge is inserted, the contacts in the printer and that of the cartridge should communicate. When the contacts inside the printer are dust it the new cartridge cannot be easily identified. So clean the internal parts of the printer using a lint-free cloth and distilled water and keep it clean.
- There is an option “Enable cartridge Protection. You can find this feature while updating the firmware of your HP printer. This option does not allow the cartridge to work with any other printer and also does not let any other cartridge to work with it.
- You have to turn the feature off so that the printer easily identifies the new cartridge. In a rare case, the product what you ordered might differ from the product what you got.
- If incorrect consumable is installed then, you have to replace it with a compatible one. Improper installation might also be a reason. You have to close the lid only when you are sure that the cartridge is locked firm into its slot.
- Out of these, you have to maintain the printer’s firmware. Turn on the automatic update so that the firmware is updated. Outdated firmware is likely to be the reason for many printer issues.
- If you have checked all the above mention things then, reset your printer once. Resetting will solve most of the printer issue. The printer should recognize the new or refilled cartridges by now.
- If the issue persists contact the customer support or take your printer to the nearest retailer and service the same. I am sure the above-detailed procedure will be useful to get HP to recognize the refilled cartridge.