- Brother printer from offline to online
How to get a Brother printer from offline to online?
One of the most repetitive issues that most users face these days is the printer offline issue. The root cause can be miscommunication between the printer and the network device. In this guide, we have provided some of the best troubleshooting methods to help you answer the query—How to get a Brother Printer From Offline To Online state. Do check out all the troubleshooting steps one by one.
- Start by resetting the printer.
- If you are on a Wi-Fi connection, ensure that your printer is connected to the right network.
- Ensure that your PC’s firewall setting is not blocking the network connection.
- It is highly recommended to check the printer’s LCD screen for any possible error messages.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges or toner cartridges are correctly fitted.
- If you haven’t changed the cartridge system for quite a long time, then do change it right away.
- Sometimes, the printer offline issue could be due to a paper jam.
- If that is the case, then gently pull the paper tray and remove the jammed paper.
- Once done, load some paper and print an alignment page.
Uncheck the Use Printer Offline option:
- First, reboot your printer.
- Ensure that the printer is plugged into your computer (USB connection).
- Turn on your computer and log in to the Admin account.
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Type Control Panel .
- In the Control Panel window, set View byto Large icons.
- Click on Devices and Printers to view the list of printers on your network.
- Right-click on your Brother printer and select See what’s printing.
- Uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
Remove and re-add the printer:
Re-adding the printer on your computer is one of the troubleshooting methods you can try with your Brother printer.
- Click on the Start icon on your computer, type Devices and printers in the search bar.
- You will see the list of printers that are connected to your PC or present within the range.
- Locate your Brother printer name, right-click on your printer icon, and click Remove Device.
- Wait for a few minutes and re-add the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
Set your printer as a default one:
While adding the printer, make sure that you select your Brother printer as the default one. Follow these options on your Windows computer: Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers. Right-click on the Brother printer and select Set as default printer.
Clear the printer queue:
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- On the Command Prompt screen, type net stop spooler and press the Enter key.
- Type del %systemroot%32\spool\printers\*/Q and press Enter.
- At last, type n et start spooler and press the Enter key.
- Your screen will display The print spooler service was started successfully, which means that your computer has cleared the printer queue.
- If this is the apt solution to your problem, it will bring back your Brother printer from offline to online state.
Install the latest printer drivers:
The offline problem can also occur due to the printer drivers. Follow the below steps to download the latest printer drivers for your Brother printer.
- Go to the printer’s official support page.
- Select the OS Family and OS Version.
- Choose the relevant driver.
- Read the End-User License Agreement and click Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Once downloaded, follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer drivers on your computer.
- However, you also have the choice of installing the printer drivers via a CD-ROM.
We hope that the above troubleshooting steps would have helped you get your Brother printer from offline to an online state. Call our technicians for further assistance.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.