- Format Wd Easystore For Mac
How To Format Wd Easystore For Mac
Western Digital Easystore hard drive needs to be formatted in order to compatible with the Mac operating system. Even if you wish to delete the hard drive memory, you can How To Format Wd Easystore For Mac the hard drive. You can format your WD Easystore hard drive using two methods:
Using the Mac Disk Utility:
- First, connect the WD Easystore hard drive to your Mac using a standard USB cable.
- Click the Disk Utility icon in the Dock to open the Disk Utility window.
- If you do not have the Disk Utility icon at the Dock, then press the Command + Spacebar shortcut keys to open the Spotlight.
- Type “disk utility” in the search panel and hit the Enter key to open the Disk Utility window.
- In the Disk Utility window, go to the left-side panel and select your WD Easystore hard drive.
- Give a right-click on it and select the Erase option.
- Next, give a name for the hard drive and choose the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option from the Format drop-down menu.
- Now, your WD Easystore hard drive is formatted successfully.
Using the WD Drive Utilities:
- On your Mac, open the default browser and go to the official WD site.
- Click the Software & Downloads tab and select WD Drive Utilities.
- Click the Download button to download the WD software on your Mac.
- Make sure that you have downloaded a compatible software on your Mac.
- Connect your WD Easystore hard drive to the Mac computer’s USB port using the USB cable delivered.
- Next, go to the Downloads folder and open the downloaded installer file to run the installation.
- Agree to the EULA and click the Install button.
- If prompted, enter your Mac administrative username and password in the required fields.
- After completing the installation, open the WD Drive Utilities software from the Applications folder.
- In the WD Security window, choose your WD Easystore hard drive.
- Next, click the RAID Management icon followed by Configuration.
- Select the HFS or ExFAT option as your drive format.
- Next, select the waring checkbox and click the Configure button.
- If prompted, enter your Mac login password and click the OK button.
- Now, your WD Easystore will be formatted using the WD Drive Utilities software.
- If you have difficulties in How To Format Wd Easystore For Mac hard drive, contact our technical support team.