- Format Wd Passport
How To Format Wd Passport For Mac?
In some circumstances, the necessity to format Wd passport for Mac external drive might arise. While you can achieve this task on both Windows and Mac operating systems, we are going to concentrate on Mac OS here. If you have no clue about formatting your WD My Passport drive on Mac, read this page to find out. We have offered a solution with simple steps for formatting the drive. Let us see how to format WD My Passport on macOS 10.14.x (Mojave) and macOS 10.15.x (Catalina).
Caution: You can make use of the steps provided below to repartition and format your WD My Passport. However, the following procedure is data-destructive. It cannot be undone. Once you begin the procedure, you will be losing all the data on your drive.
- First, on your macOS, go to Disk Utility.
- Next, in the Disk Utility window, from the left pane, select the external drive. In our case, the external drive will be My Passport or My Passport Ultra.
- After selecting your external drive, click the Erase button at the top of the Disk Utility window and it format Wd passport for Mac.
- You can find the Erase button along with other buttons like Partition, Restore, etc.
- A dialog box will now appear on your screen. You will find the following question in the dialog box
Erase “My Passport Ultra”?
- It is now time for you to type in a new name for your WD My Passport drive. After you type in a name in the text box provided for the Name field, go to the Format field. Here, click the Format drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down, select a new Format. For instance, let us choose the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option.
- After choosing the option, click the Erase button provided at the bottom-right of the dialog box.
- Once you click the Erase button, your WD My Passport will be formatted successfully.
- Now, click the Done button.
This is how you format Wd passport for Mac.