- Wd Easystore Format For Mac
How To Format Wd Easystore For Mac?
WD Easystore is a portable external hard drive with up to 5TB of storage capacity. It comes with the WD Backup and WD Password Recovery software. You can easily connect WD Easystore to any device. This page helps you to format the WD Easystore external hard drive on Mac.
- Unpack the WD Easystore external hard drive from the box.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the drive and the other end to the Mac computer’s USB port.
- Press the power button to turn ON the WD Easystore drive.
- Make sure your external drive is detected on the Mac computer.
Steps to Open Disk Utility:
- Turn ON the Mac computer.
- Click the Spotlight icon from the menu bar.
- Type Disk Utility in the search box and double click on the Disk Utility –> Utilities.
- Turn ON the Mac computer and click the Finder icon from the dock.
- Locate and click Applications on the left side of the Finder Window.
- Now open Utilities, locate Disk Utility, and then open it.
Steps to format WD Easystore on Mac:
- Open Disk Utility on the Mac computer.
- Before you format your external drive, take a backup and save it in a different location.
- Click the menu bar on the top, click View drop-down list, and click Show All Devices.
- On the External storage list, then click the Eject button.
- Now select the WD Easystore drive under the External storage list.
- On the top of the disk utility screen, click the Erase button.
- After that, the Erase menu opens. Type the name for the drive in the Name box.
- Click the Format drop-down list and select any format as required for your usage.
- Select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or ExFAT format. (If you wish to use WD Easystore only on Mac or How To Format Wd Easystore For Mac, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled), or if you wish to use the external drive on both Mac and Windows, select ExFAT).
- Click the Scheme drop-down box and select GUID Partition Map.
- Now click the Erase button.
- Wait for few minutes; once the disk formatting is complete, click Done.
- If you want to partition your external hard drive, click Partition.
- Click the ‘+’ icon to split WD Easystore as required.
- Enter the name and Format type and click Apply to complete the partition.
Now the WD Easystore external hard drive is formatted on the Mac or How To Format Wd Easystore For Mac computer successfully.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.